Practicing with MySQL and CGI-Bin

  • Gordon Reeder
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2011
      OK, this is cool.
      If you want to lean or practice with CGI-bin or MySQL it usually
      requires a hosting account that supports them. But I found
      another way. Some here may find it helpful.

      I picked up a NAS the other day. When I read the manual I found
      that it has a built in web server that supports MySQL and
      CGI-bin. That's pretty cool.
      It does other things as well, of course. And you wouldn't want to
      host a web site from home. But it would be great for learning and
      prototyping.

      FWI: The NAS in question was a Buffalo Link Station. In case
      anyone cares.