Re: [cightml] Best resolution in designing a website.

  • Franki
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2011
      That depends.. my home monitor is a samsung 40 inch 1920x1080 LCD.. and
      my work is two 24 inch 1920x1080 screens.

      But I do most of my browsing nowdays on my X10 Android phone running 854x480

      This is where using CSS based layout rather than tables is concerned.
      you can completely redesign your blocks of content or menu's to suit the
      res of the user.

      IE if you browse good modern sites on my phone, most of them move menu's
      from the side to the top to make up for limited screen width.

      Two of the guys here at work have Samsung Galaxy 5 mobiles and they run
      something like 320x240 and they both browse on them so you can't just
      pick a higher respolution and go with that.

      There are now billions of smartphones out there (in the last quarter of
      2010 alone 100.9 million were sold) as of the 4th quarter of 2010 they
      have been outselling PC's in total sales...

      It isn't a market you can ignore since before long most of our hits will
      come from them.

      Want to get complicated? Wait till we start discussing in site browser
      3D acceleration. using HTML5... :-)