ebedding

  • derek watson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
      As explained earlier, I have tried to embed the "nice music" in my page
      but when I try to play it I get a blank white box up in the top LH
      corner and a message that a plug-in is missing.
      Is this a glitch in my FF version? (It played OK two weeks ago!!)
      What plug-in do I need to play a .mid file?
      I am getting quite frustrated over this - any advice would be appreciated.
      Derek
    • Miro Perdoch
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
        hi derek
        1) if:- the URL to your .mid file is correct and - the file is on the server or- you are trying to play MIDI in Mozilla using QuickTime, and you have the QuickTime plug-in for Firefox
        then this stops being a web design question.
        in your firefox, go to Tools > Options > Downloads > Plug-Ins - if MIDI is not listed, you cannot play .mid files and need to google search for a suitable plugin
        2) alternatively, convert your MIDI file to more common format, like MP3, WAV, etc
        hope this helps
        regards

        Miro Perdoch

        http://www.acewebdesign.eu