Re: [cightml] Where are they now?

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 26, 2010
      AJAX and JQuery - those are two things I'd like to know more about.

      I usually code php these days and many many pages are done in WordPress
      or similar that are fairly wysiwig. I spend a lot of time tweaking css
      templates.

      I am spending a lot of time now migrating blog content from one platform
      to another (see http://blogwranglers.com ), often in a Content
      Management System (CMS) environment, though sometimes in a straight blog
      post environment. We have moved some pretty significant sites.

      I also provide web hosting to a number of business sites.

      My family keeps me busy as do may several jobs/hobbies/interests.

      Anybody hear from Hazel lately? I assume Paul is probably writing
      Windows 7 stuff these days. He has not called me lately to edit one of
      his books. The publishing environment has changed drastically from when
      I first started tech editing his books back in 1996.

      Don
    • David Colliver
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010
        Hey Don,

        I can try and help with AJAX where I can, though I use it in a .NET environment. I have not done anything with JQuery.

        Best regards,
        Dave Colliver.
        http://www.AshfieldFOCUS.com
        ~~

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 27, 2010
          AJAX and JQuery is not a bad twin. I am no expert but the little I've practiced and seen was very impressive.

          Dave