Re: [cightml] WordPress and Shopping Carts

  • Franki
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 4, 2009
      Try OScommerce (OS is open source)
      http://www.oscommerce.com/

      php/mysql... very powerful..

      and this:
      http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-oscommerce/

      handy. :-)

      rgds

      Frank

      On 8/6/2009 5:06 AM, Dave wrote:

      > If anyone here is using WordPress and know of a good ECommerce
      > software I can integrate, I will apprecaite it.
      >
      > I installed and upgraded to WordPress 2.8.3 on one of my websites.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Dave

    • Dave

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 5, 2009
          Go to the oscommerce plugin page first.. you need the version of
          oscommerce that they suggest which shares themes and stuff with wordpress...

          have fun.... I once had to write a php plugin to get oscommerce working
          with the commonwealth bank here in au... the code is very confusing
          at first... not the simplest of apps oscommerce... :-)

          On 8/7/2009 2:46 AM, Dave wrote:

          > OSCommerce will keep haunting me. Hahaha
          >
          > Might as well get started on that long journey configuring OSCommerce.
          > Guess there is no way around it.
          >
          > To be honest though I wasn't sure if it integrated with WordPress.
          > Will definitely check it out.
          >
          > Thanks a million Franki
          > Dave
          >
          > --- On Tue, 8/4/09, Franki <franki@...
          > <mailto:franki%40htmlfixit.com>> wrote:
          >
          > From: Franki <franki@... <mailto:franki%40htmlfixit.com>>
          > Subject: Re: [cightml] WordPress and Shopping Carts
          > To: cightml@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cightml%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:04 PM
          >

          > Try OScommerce (OS is open source)
          >
          > http://www.oscommer ce.com/
          >
          > php/mysql... very powerful..
          >
          > and this:
          >
          > http://wordpress. org/extend/ plugins/wp- oscommerce/
          >
          > handy. :-)
          >
          > rgds
          >
          > Frank
          >
          > On 8/6/2009 5:06 AM, Dave wrote:
          >

          > > If anyone here is using WordPress and know of a good ECommerce
          >
          > > software I can integrate, I will apprecaite it.
          >

          > > I installed and upgraded to WordPress 2.8.3 on one of my websites.
          >

          > > Thanks
          >
          > > Dave

        • Dave

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 6, 2009
              Thanks for the tip Franki

              Dave

              On 8/7/2009 2:46 AM, Dave wrote:

              > OSCommerce will keep haunting me. Hahaha

              > Might as well get started on that long journey configuring OSCommerce.

              > Guess there is no way around it.

              > To be honest though I wasn't sure if it integrated with WordPress.

              > Will definitely check it out.

              > Thanks a million Franki

              > Dave

              > --- On Tue, 8/4/09, Franki <franki@htmlfixit. com

              > <mailto:franki% 40htmlfixit. com>> wrote:

              > From: Franki <franki@htmlfixit. com <mailto:franki% 40htmlfixit. com>>

              > Subject: Re: [cightml] WordPress and Shopping Carts

              > To: cightml@yahoogroups .com <mailto:cightml% 40yahoogroups. com>

              > Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:04 PM

              > Try OScommerce (OS is open source)

              > http://www.oscommer ce.com/

              > php/mysql... very powerful..

              > and this:

              > http://wordpress. org/extend/ plugins/wp- oscommerce/

              > handy. :-)

              > rgds

              > Frank

              > On 8/6/2009 5:06 AM, Dave wrote:

              > > If anyone here is using WordPress and know of a good ECommerce

              > > software I can integrate, I will apprecaite it.

              > > I installed and upgraded to WordPress 2.8.3 on one of my websites.

              > > Thanks

              > > Dave

            • Dave
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 7, 2009
                How do you do business with potential clients in a foreign country?

                I am thinking they need to have their
                accounts set up there as well i.e. hosting, registrar, merchant account,
                banking, etc.

                Anyone doing this?

                Thanks for tips

                Dave

              • David Colliver
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 7, 2009
                  I don't think you need to do anything special... for example, using paypal or worldpay as your payment provider, you can set up different currencies. The nice thing about the internet is that you can host anywhere in the world. I have noticed many people to my sites (local websites) from people in a location with the same name (for example, I live in Ashfield in the UK, and have had people in Ashfield in Australia come to see)

                  The only thing you might have to consider is sales tax (VAT in UK and Europe) and how to handle it. Speak to an accountant.

                  Best regards,
                  Dave Colliver.
                  http://www.AshfieldFOCUS.com
                  ~~

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 7, 2009
                    David as a start, I checked Paypal but it seems they only let you send money to some countries but you cannot receive. that is my only Merchant at the moment.

                    So, depending on how things go, I can of course look into other card services. I thought though that they handled all the currency exchanges, tax etc. without the middle man.

                    Thanks for the tips.

                    Dave

                    http://www.FOCUSPor tals.com - Local franchises available

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 7, 2009
                      My scripts have been selling since 2003... not much nowdays because of
                      google analytics and other such things but they've both sold quite a few
                      and to people all over the world.

                      I just sell them in US dollars...... most countries around the world
                      understand USD so it's not a big deal and paypal does any conversions
                      required their paypal accounts..

                      worked out well actually.

                      On 8/8/2009 3:19 AM, Dave wrote:

                      > David as a start, I checked Paypal but it seems they only let you send
                      > money to some countries but you cannot receive. that is my only
                      > Merchant at the moment.
                      >
                      > So, depending on how things go, I can of course look into other card
                      > services. I thought though that they handled all the currency
                      > exchanges, tax etc. without the middle man.
                      >
                      > Thanks for the tips.
                      >
                      > Dave
                      >
                      > --- On Fri, 8/7/09, David Colliver <david.colliver@...
                      > <mailto:david.colliver%40revilloc.com>> wrote:
                      >
                      > From: David Colliver <david.colliver@...
                      > <mailto:david.colliver%40revilloc.com>>
                      > Subject: Re: [cightml] Doing Business in Foreign Countries
                      > To: cightml@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cightml%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > Date: Friday, August 7, 2009, 11:17 AM
                      >

                      > I don't think you need to do anything special... for example, using
                      > paypal or worldpay as your payment provider, you can set up different
                      > currencies. The nice thing about the internet is that you can host
                      > anywhere in the world. I have noticed many people to my sites (local
                      > websites) from people in a location with the same name (for example, I
                      > live in Ashfield in the UK, and have had people in Ashfield in
                      > Australia come to see)
                      >
                      > The only thing you might have to consider is sales tax (VAT in UK and
                      > Europe) and how to handle it. Speak to an accountant.
                      >
                      > Best regards,
                      >
                      > Dave Colliver.
                      >
                      > http://www.Ashfield FOCUS.com
                      >
                      > ~~
                      >
                      > http://www.FOCUSPor tals.com - Local franchises available

                    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 8, 2009
                        Yep paypal and google are the two best ways to go I think.

                        Dave wrote:
                        > David as a start, I checked Paypal but it seems they only let you send money to some countries but you cannot receive. that is my only Merchant at the moment.
                        >
                        > So, depending on how things go, I can of course look into other card services. I thought though that they handled all the currency exchanges, tax etc. without the middle man.
                        >
                        > Thanks for the tips.
                        >
                        > Dave

                      • Dave
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 9, 2009
                          Ok folks thanks again for all your wisdom.

                          I am waiting to hear from this client. At the moment he is working on sending me his website content.

                          I guess I am still confused about one thing.

                          The client is in the Republic of Panama and they of course carry the .pa extension but I wanted to recommend him some US host for his websites some I already know and trust. Hopefully he will bite.

                          Then maybe just get him a dot.com extension but I am thinking it won't matter. I don't see why he can't get a dot.com But I am thinking he can host a .pa in another country just like I can host a .com anywhere in the world. Well maybe almost anywhere not sure how that works.

                          Your thoughts...

                          Dave

                          On 8/8/2009 3:19 AM, Dave wrote:

                          > David as a start, I checked Paypal but it seems they only let you send

                          > money to some countries but you cannot receive. that is my only

                          > Merchant at the moment.

                          > So, depending on how things go, I can of course look into other card

                          > services. I thought though that they handled all the currency

                          > exchanges, tax etc. without the middle man.

                          > Thanks for the tips.

                          > Dave

                          > --- On Fri, 8/7/09, David Colliver <david.colliver@ revilloc. com

                          > <mailto:david. colliver% 40revilloc. com>> wrote:

                          > From: David Colliver <david.colliver@ revilloc. com

                          > <mailto:david. colliver% 40revilloc. com>>

                          > Subject: Re: [cightml] Doing Business in Foreign Countries

                          > To: cightml@yahoogroups .com <mailto:cightml% 40yahoogroups. com>

                          > Date: Friday, August 7, 2009, 11:17 AM

                          > I don't think you need to do anything special... for example, using

                          > paypal or worldpay as your payment provider, you can set up different

                          > currencies. The nice thing about the internet is that you can host

                          > anywhere in the world. I have noticed many people to my sites (local

                          > websites) from people in a location with the same name (for example, I

                          > live in Ashfield in the UK, and have had people in Ashfield in

                          > Australia come to see)

                          > The only thing you might have to consider is sales tax (VAT in UK and

                          > Europe) and how to handle it. Speak to an accountant.

                          > Best regards,

                          > Dave Colliver.

                          > http://www.Ashfield FOCUS.com

                          > ~~

                          > http://www.FOCUSPor tals.com - Local franchises available

                        • Michael Welsh
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 9, 2009
                            If the host is decent, you should be able to point the .pa to it
                            easily. I've got my .nz hosted over in the States, and it works fine.

                            --
                            http://yomcat.geek.nz
                          • Dave
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 10, 2009
                              Something to consider. Just hope we don't have too much downtime with such a configuration thinking it might be a priority thing with US clients over foriegn countries. Hate to disappoint my clients.

                              Thanks Michael

                              --

                              http://yomcat. geek.nz

                            • Michael Welsh
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 10, 2009
                                I doubt it. That's a stupid business practise.

                                You pay, they provide. The fact that you've got a .pa should be
                                irrelevant.