List in column will not align at top

  • L. Gutherie
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
      Hello,
      My list in the middle column in Explorer lines up perfectly with the other two columns at the top - but in Safari and FF there is about a line of white space too much. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I've fooled around with padding and margins in css rule for ul, with no good results.
      Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
      Linda
    • John S. Sapyta.
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
        Do you have a URL/webpage to show us?

        My list in the middle column in Explorer lines up perfectly with the other two columns at the top - but in Safari and FF there is about a line of white space too much. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I've fooled around with padding and margins in css rule for ul, with no good results.
        Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
        Linda

      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
          link Linda?

          L. Gutherie wrote:
          > Hello,
          > My list in the middle column in Explorer lines up perfectly with the other two columns at the top - but in Safari and FF there is about a line of white space too much. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I've fooled around with padding and margins in css rule for ul, with no good results.
          > Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
          > Linda

        • derek watson
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 11, 2009
            Linda,
            did you ever get an answer or find a solution to your problem? I didn't
            see your URL come up so like the others couldn't reply with any answer.
            Which version of explorer are you using? ie have you updated to version
            8 yet? If so, CSS tables solve a lot of space problems.
            Derek

            L. Gutherie wrote:

            > Hello,
            > My list in the middle column in Explorer lines up perfectly with the
            > other two columns at the top - but in Safari and FF there is about a
            > line of white space too much. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
            > I've fooled around with padding and margins in css rule for ul, with
            > no good results.
            > Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
            > Linda
            >
            > Linda, did you eber get an answer to your query? I didn't see
            > you

          • L. Gutherie
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 11, 2009
              Thanks for following through with this - there was a death in my family so I've been off work, but do still need to resolve this. The link is here: http://www.nhchc.org/healinghands.html
              Again, aligns perfectly across columns in my Explorer 7 browser but does not in FF and Safari.
              Again, thanks for any help.
              Linda

              --- In cightml@yahoogroups.com, derek watson <dbwat@...> wrote:

              > Linda,
              > did you ever get an answer or find a solution to your problem? I didn't
              > see your URL come up so like the others couldn't reply with any answer.
              > Which version of explorer are you using? ie have you updated to version
              > 8 yet? If so, CSS tables solve a lot of space problems.
              > Derek
              >

              > L. Gutherie wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello,
              > > My list in the middle column in Explorer lines up perfectly with the
              > > other two columns at the top - but in Safari and FF there is about a
              > > line of white space too much. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
              > > I've fooled around with padding and margins in css rule for ul, with
              > > no good results.
              > > Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
              > > Linda
              > >
              > > Linda, did you eber get an answer to your query? I didn't see
              > > you

            • Edward B
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 11, 2009
                Just looked at the site with IE 7.0, Firefox 3.0.7, and the latest Safari.
                It looks the same in all of them to me. Great looking page everything is
                even at the top. Not sure what I should be seeing. But it looks the same
                in all the browsers.
                Ed
                > Thanks for following through with this - there was a death in my family so
                > I've been off work, but do still need to resolve this. The link is here:
                > http://www.nhchc.org/healinghands.html
                > Again, aligns perfectly across columns in my Explorer 7 browser but does
                > not in FF and Safari.
                > Again, thanks for any help.
                > Linda
                >

                > --- In cightml@yahoogroups.com, derek watson <dbwat@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Linda,
                >> did you ever get an answer or find a solution to your problem? I didn't
                >> see your URL come up so like the others couldn't reply with any answer.
                >> Which version of explorer are you using? ie have you updated to version
                >> 8 yet? If so, CSS tables solve a lot of space problems.
                >> Derek
                >>

                >> L. Gutherie wrote:
                >> >
                >> > Hello,
                >> > My list in the middle column in Explorer lines up perfectly with the
                >> > other two columns at the top - but in Safari and FF there is about a
                >> > line of white space too much. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
                >> > I've fooled around with padding and margins in css rule for ul, with
                >> > no good results.
                >> > Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
                >> > Linda
                >> >
                >> > Linda, did you eber get an answer to your query? I didn't see
                >> > you

                > This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
                >
                > Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • John S. Sapyta.
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 11, 2009
                  Hey Ed, and Linda

                  I too looked at your site with IE 7 and FF and Safari. I do see a slight problem with the titles in
                  the purple, there a little off-centered with the middle column. I believe you can add a couple of spaces
                  at the ends of it to sync it up. also have tried to increase the cellpadding number? I think that's the number that increases spaces within a cell to make more room. It's been so long since I've done a website I don't know if that's the correct.

                  > Thanks for following through with this - there was a death in my family so
                  > I've been off work, but do still need to resolve this. The link is here:
                  > http://www.nhchc.org/healinghands.html
                  > Again, aligns perfectly across columns in my Explorer 7 browser but does
                  > not in FF and Safari.
                  > Again, thanks for any help.
                  > Linda
                  >

                  > --- In cightml@yahoogroups.com, derek watson <dbwat@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Linda,
                  >> did you ever get an answer or find a solution to your problem? I didn't
                  >> see your URL come up so like the others couldn't reply with any answer.
                  >> Which version of explorer are you using? ie have you updated to version
                  >> 8 yet? If so, CSS tables solve a lot of space problems.
                  >> Derek
                  >>

                  >> L. Gutherie wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > Hello,
                  >> > My list in the middle column in Explorer lines up perfectly with the
                  >> > other two columns at the top - but in Safari and FF there is about a
                  >> > line of white space too much. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
                  >> > I've fooled around with padding and margins in css rule for ul, with
                  >> > no good results.
                  >> > Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
                  >> > Linda
                  >> >
                  >> > Linda, did you eber get an answer to your query? I didn't see
                  >> > you

                  > This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
                  >
                  > Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • derek watson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 14, 2009
                    Linda,
                    I use Firefox, and on my screen the left and middle columns line up
                    perfectly, but in the right hand col all the lines seem to start a line
                    (or even half a line) higher. Looked at your html and cannot see that
                    you have done anything to deserve this! What to do about it I have no idea.
                    Derek