site check

  • Eugene Donaghy
    Message 1 of 108 , Aug 1 3:41 PM
      hi could people check http://www.eugenemdonaghy.me.uk or
      http://www.eugenemdonaghy.co.uk (same) and let me think of what you
      think of the redesigned site

      All comments appreciated

      Eugene
    • Gary Badger
      Message 108 of 108 , Aug 1 11:19 PM
        Looks OK to me in FF and Opera. I see the same Safari problem that Simon
        mentioned, not sure what would be causing that. Better get stuck into that
        CSS again......

        I thought that the JavaScript alert was a good idea to warn of potentially
        offensive content (not that I found anything offensive there!).

        Strangely doesn't validate to Firefox's Web Developer add-in due to some
        malformed URIs, yet it does validate through the W3C link. Not the end of
        the world, however. All you need to do to fix it is to fill spaces in URIs
        with "%20".

        Eg replace ".........subject=from the website"
        with ".........subject=from%20the%20website"

        Also replace the copyright sign with "©".

        As far as asthetics go I think that your site is challenged by being too
        square / boxy, just as mine is too. Perhaps some graphics, or lines other
        than vertical and horzontal? I'm not well placed to critique on that
        obviously, just trying to be helpful.

        Cheers,
        Gary.