Mapping presentational HTML to CSS

  • Gary Badger
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
      G'day all,

      Stumbled across this useful site entitled "Mapping presentational HTML to
      CSS". Thought I'd share.

      http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html2css.html

      This is useful when converting depreciated tags into CSS.

      For example:

      <align="center"> in HTML becomes

      Wish I'd found this site a few years ago, when I first tried working this
      out for myself.

      Cheers,
      Gary
      http://www.garybadger.com/
    • diggerdog
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
        Thanks Gary, very useful, one point though some things to note under The
        purpose of this document notes.
        regards
        Hazel

        Gary Badger wrote:
        > G'day all,
        >
        > Stumbled across this useful site entitled "Mapping presentational HTML to
        > CSS". Thought I'd share.
        >
        > http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html2css.html
        >
        > This is useful when converting depreciated tags into CSS.
        >
        > For example:
        >
        > <align="center"> in HTML becomes
        >
        > Wish I'd found this site a few years ago, when I first tried working this
        > out for myself.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Gary
        > http://www.garybadger.com/
        >

        > To unsubscribe from the Yahoo Group, send an email to:
        >
        > This list is for readers of Paul McFedries' CIG to Creating a Web Page.
        >
        > Messages prior to 2002 are also archived at http://www.mcfedries.com

      • Major Payne
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
          Nice find, Gary. This will at least get you in the ballpark for those
          totally lost when converting to CSS. Especially if you transfer to a strict
          document type and have (ugh) tables for layout with all those attributes
          stuck in different table tags.

          Ron

          http://PayneLessDesigns.com