need help with contact form

  • RLCWebServants@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2007
      I am missing something?in our 'contact' form. It just sits there.

      ?This is the first time that I have placed a form on the website. We want to begin?using?more forms, but I sure don't need them hanging up and not going anywhere.

      www.rlc-lebanon.org????? .... go to "contact" link at the top right

      I would appreciated your HELP!

      Patty
    • Major Payne
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
        Hi:

        This seems like a plain old link that doesn't go anywhere when clicking
        contact":

        >contact</font></a>

        If this link is meant to take someone to the form itself, then you need to
        put something in the href="" other then the pound sign.

        You have several coding errors on the page and using deprecated tags. Might
        try using the validator service at http://validator.w3.org/ and at
        http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate-by-input .

        Ron

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
          I went to the site and just added /contact.html and found the page.

          The biggest problem is that there is absolutely no FORM tag anywhere.

          The next biggest problem is that Microsoft Office was used to create the
          page.

          The following has been cleaned a bit by TIDY in order to get the
          indentation set to make it easier to read. This is the main part of the
          page with all the header, footer and navigation left out:

          border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

          color="#808080"><b><span style="font-family: Arial">We'd like to hear
          size="4"
          style="font-size: 9pt; font-family:
          Arial">                              </span></b>
          style="font-size: 9pt; font-family: Arial"> </span>

          style="font-size: 9pt">If you would like information about Resurrection
          sent to you via email or USPS, please send your mailing address in the
          message box. Your email information and your personal address will not
          be shared with any other church or business. Thank you for visiting our
          site.</font>
          border="0" align="left" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" id="table1">
          valign="top" class="smbold">
          class="regBody">

          style="font-size: 9pt"><font face="Arial"><input name="Name" type="text"
          class="inputForm2" size="20" /></font></span>
          height="26" valign="top" class="smbold">

          class="regBody">
          style="font-size: 9pt"><font face="Arial"><input name="email"
          type="text" class="inputForm2" size="20" /></font></span>

          valign="top" class="smbold">
          align="left" class="smbold">
          class="regBody">

          style="font-size: 9pt"><font face="Arial"><input name="subject"
          type="text" class="inputForm2" size="35" /></font></span>
          valign="top" class="smbold">

          class="regBody">
          style="font-size: 9pt"><font face="Arial">
          <textarea
          name="message" cols="35" rows="3" class="inputForm4">

          height="25" valign="top" class="smbold">
          color="#000000" face="Arial" style="font-size: 9pt"> </font>
          valign="top">

          style="font-size: 9pt"><font face="Arial"><a
          href="mailto:resurrection@..."><font face="Arial"><input
          name="mailto:resurrection@..." type="submit"

        • Gordon Reeder
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
            Patty
            1) The URL in the Contact link references the current page (/#). It needs
            to point to the page holding the contact form.

            2) I could net find the form.

            RLCWebServants@... wrote:
            > I am missing something?in our 'contact' form. It just sits there.
            >
            > ?This is the first time that I have placed a form on the website. We want to begin?using?more forms, but I sure don't need them hanging up and not going anywhere.
            >
            > www.rlc-lebanon.org????? .... go to "contact" link at the top right
            >
            > I would appreciated your HELP!
            >
            > Patty

          • Gary Badger
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
              Just to pick up on Lokrin's point about HTML generated by Microsoft Office,
              there is a page at
              http://freepages.computers.rootsweb.com/~pasher/wpcode.htm which does a
              great job of comparing this generated code to "real" HTML.

              Worth having a look at, the comparison is pretty concerning!

              Cheers,
              Gary
              http://www.garybadger.com/