Re: cigar box uke neck attachment

  • cigargitboy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      --- In cigarboxguitars@yahoogroups.com, "Don Thompson"
      <buceriasdon80012@...> wrote:

      > Hello mate, And hard to find here in Mexico. That is why I use
      three
      > wood screws. I will post a pic of a CB tenor uke that is four years
      > old and has never shown a bit of problems. Stays in tune.
      > Don
      >

      > "cigargitboy" wrote: Thanks Don for your prompt reply...I
      remember
      > seeing Kathy's layout before and it was the insert that I was
      > interested in as it seemed a firm fixing for the neck...but they
      are
      > hard to find over here. :)

      Thanks again, Don! Gotta be nice in Mexico, this time of year, though
      the trees don't show much colour, I guess :). If there are any left
      after the hurricane season, that is :( !

      Another question for you, buddy...should I strip off all the paper on
      the outside as well as the inside, for acoustics (although I will be
      putting in a piezo as well)? Shame to remove that Montechristo yellow
      if I can get away with it, methinks, just right for a little 'un.

      Will look forward to the pics...I should document this build and put
      it out for the other CBGits on this site. Gonna try and start shaping
      the neck today...asta la vista!