Is This A Hudson?

  • Hudson29@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
      There is a new book out about the famous racing driver Mario Andretti. I
      received a notice about it in the mail and the attached pic was printed on
      the flyer. Is that a forties Hudson Brougham Mario is standing in front of?

      Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@...
      Fullerton, California USA

      NEW email list for Hudson Super Six Cars, 1916-1929!
      http://www.HudsonSuperSix16-29@yahoogroups.com

      1926 Hudson Anderson Bodied Coupe
      1926 Hudson Parts Car "The Grapes Of Wrath"
      1928 Hudson Roadster Project
      1929 Hudson Town Sedan
      1939 Cadillac Coupe (How'd that get in there?)

      AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
      http://www.aeromark.net
    • Sam Jackson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
        Mario raced that '40 H early in his career. Sam

      • Hudson29@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
          In a message dated 12/5/01 6:55:47 PM, fortyqtpi@... writes:

          << Mario raced that '40 H early in his career. >>

          Yup, that sounds right. That body shape is distinctive. Did he run the
          Hudson motor? The pic is not clear, but it almost looks like a V-8 under the
          hood. I will post it whenever technical difficulties are resolved.

        • mmordenti@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
            Walt here. My son Stephen sent me the picture and blew it up to cover the
            whole screen. The car is a hudson, 40 to a 47 coach, as no other car had a
            windshield like that. When I brought the picture in on the right front
            wheel, above the tire and below the fender, you can see the intake manifold,
            and only Hudson had that style on the 48's to 56's. It is a two barrel
            manifold. No GM, Ford or Chrysler has a unit like that.
          • Hudson29@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
              In a message dated 12/12/01 4:22:33 PM, mmordenti@... writes:

              << The car is a hudson, 40 to a 47 coach, as no other car had a
              windshield like that. When I brought the picture in on the right front
              wheel, above the tire and below the fender, you can see the intake manifold,
              and only Hudson had that style on the 48's to 56's. It is a two barrel
              manifold. No GM, Ford or Chrysler has a unit like that. >>

              That body is pretty distictive. Nice to Know MARIO! is a Hudson brother.
              Next time I see him I'll ask about it. Come to think of it, his new book may
              have some more details as well.