SEND A PETITION TO INDIAN PRIME MINISTER TO STOP THE RHINO KILLERS !

  • Akif / Chulo / El Ecologista / The Green
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      May God bless all of you !

      Poachers are slaughtering Indian rhinos and unless the killing stops now this
      majestic animal could disappear in a decade. The government is finally paying
      attention but words alone won't save the rhino. Let's get the government to
      invest and save the rhino before it's too late.

      The government had let the poachers run riot by removing rangers from the world
      heritage Kaziranga National Park. Popular pressure forced them to bring back
      some experienced staff, but the rangers are up against ruthless Rambo-style
      poachers carrying AK47 assault rifles. Park staffers are saying that they need
      more men and better equipment to stop the killings, but the system is reacting
      too slowly. If we get behind these rangers now with a massive public outcry, we
      can force the Central Government to provide Assam with enough resources to
      rescue our rhinos from the butchers.

      Sign this petition to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, elected from Assam, telling
      him to deploy the right resources and manpower immediately to protect the rhino.
      When over 50,000 of us sign, Avaaz will deliver one life-sized rhino to his
      office. Sign now!

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_the_Rhino_Killers/?kDmzRab

      Regards,
      Dr.Syed Shehzad Ahmed