Development Did Work

  • muckblit
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      Naomi Klein writes in her book, Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster
      Capitalism,
      about the building of mythology to enclose the sheep for shearing with
      respect to
      denying us the hope for Development.

      In former neocon, now a Bernard Henry Levi's "Wilsonian", Francis
      Fukayama's
      book, Nationbuilding, we learn four terms used by civilian experts:
      Relief, Recovery,
      Development, Nation-Building, if I remember(not sure about the second
      one).

      Naomi Klein says that the bad guys, whom we know as Venetian banker
      derivatives
      in line with British-American empire, have been working hard since the
      1970's to
      build a myth that Development does not work and cannot work from the
      outside.
      Allegedly, darwin requires self-help there.

      Klein documents Development that worked. Lyndon LaRouche faults John
      Perkins
      for perpetuating the myth that Development does not work, papering over
      the history
      of the US in a Hamiltonian formula for growth and Roosevelt
      administration success
      with growth around infrastructure investment. LaRouche says that the
      problem is not
      as Perkins portrays, one of large infrastructure projects, but of
      coordinating on a broad
      scale to promote rising standard of living including education and pay
      and skills. The
      way Perkins' Robber Barons do it is loans from IMF/WB that are
      immediately sucked
      out by foreign multinational contractors such as Halliburton, Fluor,
      Bechtel. That is
      described in detail in Rajiv Chandrasekaran's book on the US Iraq
      occupation, Imperial
      Garden in the Emerald City, where we see five hundred dollar a day
      security guards and
      American food cooked by non-Iraqis for non-Iraqi engineers designing
      from a non-Iraqi
      point of view and then foreign workers taking the wages away from
      Iraqis. Of course
      that is not a development program. See Naomi Klein for detailed history
      of how the
      development used to work. Other countries are still doing it, just not
      the US. LaRouche
      promotes development the Roosevelt way. Venezuela really helps its
      neighbors the
      way loans are implemented without US colonial imperialist hooks or
      military side.
      Check out Basque industrial co-ops on youtube.

      -Bob