Podesta*(1)M.Obama(2)Levin(3)ENV()Wild(5)Gen.(6)CodeJF(7)Consumer(8)pirr

  • Quechick Barnyard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009

      Open for QuestionsMonday, December 29, 2008 12:38 PM
      From: "John D. Podesta, Obama-Biden Transition Project" <info@...>To: "Theresa J Steed" <Quechick007@...>

      Dear Theresa J,
      We recently launched a new feature on Change.gov called Open for Questions. Thousands of you responded, asking 10,000 questions and voting nearly a million times on questions from others.
      Now that we've answered some of the most popular ones from the last round, we are open for questions again. Ask whatever you like, and vote up or down on the other questions to let us know which ones you most want the Transition to answer.

      We're looking forward to learning about what you want to know.
      Thanks,
      John
      John D. Podesta
      Co-Chair
      Obama-Biden Transition Project

      Please note that replies to this email will not be answered.
      Copyright policy
      This email was sent to: Quechick007@...

      Note:  This is one of the Prettyist Christmas Card, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.Que*****

      Happy holidaysTuesday, December 23, 2008 12:17 PM
      From: "Michelle Obama" <info@...>To: "Theresa J. Steed" <Quechick007@...>
      Theresa J. --
      This holiday season, the grassroots movement you helped build can make a big difference for those in need.
      I hope you will join me in supporting your favorite charity or contributing to causes that are especially meaningful to me and my family.
      While many of us will spend the holidays counting our blessings and sharing dinner with loved ones, millions of people around the country won't be so fortunate. Donating to your local food bank will help provide a holiday meal to people in your community who can't afford one.
      Talking with the families of deployed troops was one of the most rewarding experiences I had during the campaign. Giving to Operation USO Care Package is a great way to send members of our military stationed around the world a reminder that someone back home is thinking of them.
      This is a time to celebrate our blessings, the new year, and a new era for our country. But it's also a time to come together on behalf of those who need our help.
      Do what you can to help today by locating your local food bank and giving your support:
      Or send a care package to an American in uniform:
      Thank you for all that you do and have a very happy holiday season,
      Michelle

      Paid for by Obama for America
      This email was sent to: Quechick007@...

      **************************************
      Thank you sir, and to you an your family for a wonderful Holiday Season and New Year.Que*****
      Best wishesTuesday, December 23, 2008 11:56 AM
      From: "Senator Carl Levin" <friendsofsenatorcarllevin@...>To: Quechick007@...

      Dear Theresa j. --

      I want to take this opportunity to extend my best wishes to you and your family for the holidays and the New Year.

      During this special season, I hope that you have the opportunity to spend time with your loved ones.  Please take time to remember our fellow citizens who are suffering so much in these difficult economic times, and to honor the brave men and women of our nation's armed forces and their families for their many sacrifices.

      Thanks for helping make this past year a memorable one for me personally.  We all can look forward to 2009 - a year we hope will bring economic recovery and prosperity to our country and a renewed respect for our nation throughout the world.

      All the best,

      Carl Levin
      Paid for by Friends of Senator Carl Levin.
      To unsubscribe, click here or reply to this email with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

      Breaking News - Big Clean Air Win TodayTuesday, December 23, 2008 9:53 PM
      From: "Sam Parry, Environmental Defense Fund" <TakeAction@...>To: "Theresa J. Steed" <Quechick007@...>
       *** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS ***

      Dear Theresa J.,
      Twas two days before Christmas
      and all through the country
      Americans are celebrating
      our right to breathe freely
      Okay, I got a little carried away in the holiday cheer, but we have won a big victory for clean air today and I want to make sure you heard the news.
      Earlier today, a federal appeals court in Washington temporarily reinstated a plan to reduce air pollution from coal-fired power plants.
      Below is our press release celebrating this decision. And you can read today's article in the New York Times, which quotes EDF's Deputy General Counsel Vickie Patton.
      Needless to say, this is a big win for clean air in America. The EPA has estimated the rule would prevent 17,000 deaths annually by 2015.
      As we celebrate the holidays this week, I hope today's news gives us even more for which to be thankful.
      Thank you for your support. Together, we are making great progress to protect human lives and defend the planet.
      Happy holidays,
      Sam Parry
      Director, Online Membership and Activism

      Our Press Statement:
      Court Reinstates Clean Air Interstate Rule
      In a major decision benefiting clean air and public health, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit today issued an order that leaves the Clean Air Interstate Rule in effect while the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency develops a new clean air program for power plants.
      "Today's court decision is a welcome gift for the millions of American's that face serious health threats from power plant pollution. Power plants across the East will reduce millions of tons of smog and soot pollution today while America's new leadership fixes the mistakes made by the Bush Administration," said Vickie Patton, deputy general counsel at Environmental Defense Fund.
      Granting aspects of rehearing requests from the Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Defense Fund and Natural Resources Defense Council, the court found that the rule is an "integral action" and stated:
      "Here, we are convinced that, notwithstanding the relative flaws of CAIR, allowing CAIR to remain in effect until it is replaced by a rule consistent with our opinion would at least temporarily preserve the environmental values covered by CAIR."
      Judge Judith Rogers wrote a separate concurrence stating that CAIR is "so intertwined" with the nation's air quality management regulatory framework that "its vacatur would sacrifice clean benefits to public health and the environment while EPA fixes the rule."
      The timing of this decision is critical. January 1, 2009 is the first important compliance deadline under EPA's Clean Air Interstate Rule -- requiring substantial reductions in year-round emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) to protect human health from this damaging pollutant.
      The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Defense Fund, and numerous states asked the court to reconsider its July 11th opinion to vacate this clean air program.
      The program was designed to reduce millions of tons of smog- and particulate-forming pollution from coal-fired power plants in 28 eastern states.
      EPA estimated the rule would prevent 17,000 deaths annually by 2015. The pollution cuts required by the Clean Air Interstate Rule were to be implemented in two phases beginning on January 1, 2009 for NOx and 2010 for sulfur dioxide (SO2), and a second phase in 2015 for both contaminants.
      EPA estimated that NOx would be reduced 2 million tons annually under full program implementation, about 60% over today's levels.
      The program was designed to cut SO2 emissions by 5.4 million tons in 2015.
      You can update your email address, set your message frequency, and unsubscribe from messages by adjusting your subscription options.

      AlaskaWild Update 295 - A Holiday Treat!Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:19 AM
      From: "Matt Reading, Alaska Wilderness League" <action@...>To: "Theresa Steed" <quechick007@...>

      Issue #295 - December 25, 2008
      Headlines
      A Holiday Treat from Alaska Wilderness League
      A Holiday Treat...

      Dear AlaskaWild Activists,
      Last month, we launched our "I am" campaign. After the nonstop barrage of "Drill, baby, drill" in 2008, we knew we needed to battle back with a positive message that reaffirms the American value of conservation. What better way to do that than to amplify the voices of Americans who believe that Alaska's wild places have a value worth protecting that goes beyond their exploitable resources.
      Throughout the hundreds of very personal stories of passion for wilderness, we found the most frequent words and themes – beauty, Earth, future, protect – alluded to a grand reverence for the timelessness of nature's creation and the need for its preservation.
      This is our holiday treat for you! The stories below are but a cross section of the hundreds we received. Many have experienced Alaska's splendor first-hand, many want to protect it for their children and grandchildren – but all know it is their duty to help protect our shared natural treasures in Alaska.
      Get ready to be moved. These stories will inspire. Afterward, please visit our "I am" webpage for four full pages of activist testimonies.

      Help support all of Alaska Wilderness League's campaigns.  Click here or on the picture above to donate today!

      Whether it's setting your search engine to goodsearch.com, having your company match your donation or snagging our new baseball hat, here are easy ways help benefit Alaska Wilderness League campaigns.

      One of the easiest and most important ways that you can make a difference is by spreading the word.  Send this email to your friends and family and encourage them to get involved in the fight to protect wild Alaska.

       I am a retired FAA Radar technician. I first came to Alaska in 1957 when the company I was working for sent me on a one-year assignment. I really didn't want to come, but I let them talk me into it with a promotion and financial incentives. Before that year was over, I decided that "Alaska is the place for me," as I told my mother in a letter she saved and reminded me of later. I liked it the way it was when I got here, and I'd like to keep it as close to that - wild, natural, and unspoiled - as I can.
      – Gerald B., Alaska

      I am a pediatric chaplain at a large hospital. The places I go to restore my soul and my hope are the wild and peaceful places. They are better than medicine for my heart's sorrow. We need to keep these wild places WILD and pristine. Please let the Alaska wilderness remain wild. Thank you.
      – Nan S., Minnesota

      I am a retired Merchant Marine officer who worked on oil tankers for many years. I have witnessed firsthand the devastation and destruction caused by oil companies and the U.S. government when left to their own devices in the world's oceans. Illegal discharging of 'slop' oils into the seas was common practice (you'd lose your job if you didn't do it) and still is to a certain extent today. The destruction of our environment by corporations, with government head-nodding approval, has been boundless and well documented. I have seen this in my 66 years of living in this country. As I get older I find my love for all wildlife and all of our wonderful wild places grows deeper and deeper. We must not lose these things; we must shepherd them properly. This is our responsibility to all life on this little planet.
      – Paul P., Massachusetts

      I am a professor at a business school who understands both the economic value of oil and the need to preserve national treasures. The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge deserves permanent protection. The arguments for allowing drilling there are simply not compelling economically, nor do they reflect responsible environmental management. It's bad enough that flawed, short-term decision-making has saddled our future generations with debt; it would be worse if that same flawed, short-term decision-making deprived them of one of the greatest natural ecosystems in the world.
      – Leonard G., New Hampshire

      I am a secretary in a Manhattan financial firm. As a secretary in the 'concrete jungle,' I would like to know that we are striving to save habitats for all wildlife. I'd like to know that my future grandchildren can learn about animals in the present tense and not in museums housing stuffed replicas of extinct species.
      – Lorraine S., New York

      I am a lifelong Alaskan, retired Anchorage firefighter, now living in a small Haida village. It is time to leave a legacy of wilderness for others to enjoy and to live from.
      – Michael Q., Alaska
      If these stories moved you as they moved us, check out our "I am" webpage to read more.
      Thanks,

      Matt Reading
      Online Communications Coordinator
      Alaska Wilderness League
      www.AlaskaWild.org

      Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

      Alaska Wilderness League, 122 C St. NW Suite 240, Washington, DC 20001

      © Copyright 2007 Alaska Wilderness League. All Rights Reserved

      Keyword News: [Human Genome Project]Thursday, December 25, 2008 7:08 AM
      From: "Yahoo! Alerts" <alerts@...>To: quechick007@...
      Yahoo! Alerts Yahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert
      Thursday, December 25, 2008 5:08 AM PST
      Harvard Medical School Prof Named Obama Adviser
      The Harvard Crimson Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:47 AM PST
      A leading Harvard geneticist who spearheaded the Human Genome Project will co-chair the incoming administration's science and technology advisory council, President-elect Barack Obama announced Saturday.
      See more news stories that match my keyword
      You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.
      Note:  As per Moveon.org, Wes Boyd president, sent us good news.  There are now 6,000,000 members in our Grass Roots Moveon.org.  That is good news.
      About C. Kennedy, I don't know why anyone who is a lawyer is not prepared to take over a Senate Seat?  Doesn't the Senate work on laws?  So who is more qulified.
      I believe with her background and family, that she is very savy of what is going on in this country, and that is what it is all about..common sense and integrity is what elections are all about, not who thinks they are better, but  We the People need her and other good qualified Congress people.  We will still be after 60Plus goal from now on.  We have learned the hard way, and we intend to pay attention to We The People of America, not political people who only look to certain selected groups.  But you should take a good look before you deem yourself so self rightous as to believe that you are the only enlightened ones.
      We know good stock when we see it and know it. The propaganda machine is in full process. Won't work. We want some Moms in our Congress.  Que*****
      Y! Alert: Yahoo! News Search Results for Sen. Edward M. KennedyWednesday, December 24, 2008 4:36 PM
      From: "Yahoo! Alerts" <alerts@...>To: quechick007@...
      Yahoo! Alerts
      My Alerts
      The latest from Yahoo! News Search Results for Sen. Edward M. Kennedy
      Resistance to Senate seat for Kennedy grows among Dems (The Salt Lake Tribune)
      Welcome to "Nepotism Nation' (Silver City Sun-News)
      Kyl reluctant to take lead on immigration plan again (Tucson Citizen)
      Resistance to Senate seat for Kennedy grows among Dems (The Salt Lake Tribune) Top
      Albany » Resistance is emerging among Democratic officials against Caroline Kennedy as she pursues Hillary Rodham Clinton's seat in the United States Senate

      Welcome to "Nepotism Nation' (Silver City Sun-News) Top
      Suppose in 2002 the Kennedys (or another "political dynasty") had a son or daughter or cousin they wanted to slip into Illinois' contested U.S. Senate seat. You know the arguments: powerful family, name recognition, can raise bags of money. Done deal. Do not try to resist.

      Kyl reluctant to take lead on immigration plan again (Tucson Citizen) Top
      Sen. John McCain and other bipartisan immigration reformers may have to revamp U.S. border policy without the help of Arizona's junior senator.

      You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please visit your Marketing Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

      Friend, Jane Fonda Wants YOU...Wednesday, December 24, 2008 12:04 PM
      From: "Jane Fonda" <codepink@...>To: quechick007@...

      December 24, 2008
      Dear Friend,
      As an actor, I know the power of the screen. As an activist, I also know the power of taking a message off the screen and onto the streets. That's why I love CODEPINK--it not only utilizes the best of the visual media with its vibrant pink presence; the women of CODEPINK are also out in the world, whether speaking truth to power, helping Iraqi refugees, or using citizen diplomacy to build bridges with Iran. I support CODEPINK's audacious, compassionate work to create a more just and peaceful world. Won't you?
      Peace & Love,
      Jane Fonda
      CODEPINK is grateful for the financial support of luminaries such as Jane Fonda, Eve Ensler, Alice Walker and other inspirations around the globe. We would love to count you among our beloved supporters, as well. When you give to CODEPINK, you'll help us continue our bold and colorful work for peace, and hold Obama to his promises for change in 2009. Yes We Can End War when we band together-and we can't do it without your help. Join with Jane, Eve, Alice and thousands of others by donating this holiday season!
      Think of all we accomplished this year by using our collective creativity and power: We gave peace a vote; we saved a grieving mother's home from foreclosure; we rocked the conventions; we sent needed supplies to displaced Iraqi women and children; we launched our "Let's Talk" campaign and traveled to Iran to model the diplomacy we hope to see from the Obama administration. Click here to read more about our triumphs in 2008. With your help, we can make 2009 an even more exciting and successful year - donate today!
      We are always touched and humbled to witness the reach of CODEPINK. We recently received a moving letter from Aref Riazi, an Iranian-American who survived the Iran-Iraq war as a young boy and had scrawled letters begging America for help on his basement wall. "I have always supported CODEPINK in all of its work," he writes, "but the work against a war in Iran is profoundly important to me. I consider your visit to Iran as the answer to that little boy who was shivering with fear in that basement calling for help. I want to thank you for answering my call and to show your support for all Iranian children." Aref included a check to support our actions to end and prevent war and move toward a more peaceful, sustainable future.
      Please join Jane Fonda, Aref Riazi and other dedicated activists in helping CODEPINK be brighter and bolder than ever in 2009. Together, we can create the change we wish to see!
      May peace prevail in 2009,
      Audrey, Dana, Deidra, Desiree, Farida, Gael, Gayle, Jean, Jodie, Liz, Lori, Lydia, Medea, Nancy, Paris, and Rae
      p.s. On Sunday December 21st, Iran shut down two human rights centers founded by Nobel Peace Prize laureate and activist Shirin Ebadi without explanation or written justification.  Ebadi was also taken into custody and then later released.  Ebadi stated, "The collective activities of the human rights activists in Iran have angered the Iranian authorities so much that they have illegally ordered the closing down of two NGOs." Click here to sign the petition to call on the Iranian government to re-open the two organizations and to allow women's rights and human rights activists to work in Iran safely and freely. We will deliver it to the Iranian Ambassador this week.
      Help CODEPINK work for peace in 2009!
      Take a stand with Iranian activists
      Visit our online store!
      unsubscribe
      from this list

      500 penniesTuesday, December 30, 2008 11:03 AM
      From: "Consumers Union Action Fund" <action@...>To: quechick007@...

      What a huge response!
      More than 3,000 people have given a total of $45,000 so far--small gifts from many supporters really add up! Help us meet our goal of $50,000 by the end of the year.
      Give today, so the new economic agenda will be your agenda.

      Dear Theresa J.,
      We’re close to our goal -- $50,000 raised in five dollar increments from thousands of people just like you! So far, more than 3,000 people have donated a total of $45,000. Help us reach our goal by the year's end.
      Five hundred pennies isn’t a lot to stop abusive lending, get us better health care and end dangerous imports -- considering we the people just spent $700 billion to bailout Wall Street. Yet when thousands of us join together, that five bucks can make a big difference.
      Help us get there by giving your five hundred pennies today and putting real reform within reach.
      Your donation will help us:
      Push credit card reform NOW. The Federal Reserve just issued strong new rules--then gave companies until July 2010 to raise your rates and jack up your fees before the new rules go into effect. We need them now, not 18 months from now! Everyone agrees these rules are long past due--and reform now will stabilize your household economy and with you the nation's economy.
      Help make affordable health care a reality. You told us this summer during our Cover America Tour how high healthcare costs and lack of affordable coverage have limited your freedom. We’ll make sure our leaders know that you’re not ready to give up dreams of college, a new career, a new family, or retirement just because of skyrocketing health costs.
      Make sure our food and products are safe. The sweeping product safety law you helped pass this year is finally going into effect--not a moment too soon. We just issued a new report, “Still Not Safe,” that found CPSC recalls were up 19 percent this year. Two-thirds of recalled products were made for children. And the new law doesn't even address food--from melamine to bacterial outbreaks, our food safety system needs a major overhaul.
      Real reform is within reach. We can’t have an economic recovery unless our leaders fix the economic problems that put Americans in financial jeopardy.
      Help us reach our goal -- give what you can now to ensure your needs come first in Washington.
      And please, forward this on to friends and family who want to join the movement for a real economic recovery.
      Sincerely,
      Kathy Mitchell
      Consumers Union Action Fund, Inc.
      506 W. 14th Street
      Austin, TX 78701

      You have 80 Consumer Power Points! Earn more points. What are Power Points? Learn!
      Donate |
       Your Privacy |
       Change Email Preferences |
       Contact Consumers Union Action Fund
       If you want to update your contact information please click here. Scroll down and enter (in the "Email me my password" box) your user name, which is quechick007@... and your email address, then we'll email you your password and you can log in to change your information. If you have any problems, please contact us by replying to this email.
      If you do not want to receive any email from Consumers Union Action Fund, Inc, you may permanently unsubscribe.