Wildlife(1)AlFranken(2)RobertRedfored(3)SenatorCarlLevin(4)

  • Quechick Barnyard
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007

      Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:23:33 -0500 (EST)
      From: "Rodger Schlickeisen, Defenders of Wildlife" <defenders@...>
      To: quechick007@...
      Subject: BREAKING: Bush/Cheney Admin. Puts Hundreds of Yellowstone Area Wolves at Risk
      Wolf Emergency
      Federal officials are nearing a decision on wolf management in the Greater Yellowstone region.
      Help us ensure that wolves remain protected.
      Under Idaho’s lax wolf plan, even pups could be killed.

      Dear Theresa,
      While most Americans have been celebrating the holidays, officials in the Bush/Cheney Administration have been working behind the scenes to pave the way for the killing of hundreds of wolves in the Greater Yellowstone area.
      Don’t let them get away with it! Urge U.S. Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne to abandon his efforts to allow states to start killing wolves and stop promoting the premature de-listing of gray wolves in the Northern Rockies.
      Over the last several weeks, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has been quietly moving forward with rule changes that would allow officials in Idaho and Wyoming to begin killing wolves even before gray wolves are removed from the list of federally protected threatened and endangered species.
      This latest proposal would jump start plans to use fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters and other means to kill hundreds of wolves in Idaho, leaving only a few more than 200 wolves in the state. In fact, three-quarters of the wolves in the Lolo District of the Clearwater National Forest could be removed… even before they are de-listed.
      And, unfortunately, it’s not just Idaho’s wolves that are threatened by the proposal. Hundreds of wolves in Wyoming could be shot and trapped under the new rules --  whether wolves are removed from the endangered and threatened species list or not.
      A decision on the proposal is expected in the next few weeks. Please email Secretary Kempthorne right now and let him know that you oppose any proposal that would threaten the long-term future of wolves in the Northern Rockies and Greater Yellowstone Region.
      And the outlook for Wyoming wolves won’t improve any if, as expected, the Bush/Cheney Administration eliminates Endangered Species Act protections for gray wolves in the Northern Rockies early next year.
      On December 14th, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officially approved the State of Wyoming’s wolf management plan, allowing state officials to use aerial gunning and snares to shoot and trap as many as two-thirds of the wolves in the state.
      Just last week, Congressman Nick Rahall (D-WV), Wayne Gilchrest (R-MD), George Miller (D-CA), Jim Saxton (R-NJ) and Norm Dicks (D-WA) warned in a letter to Secretary Kempthorne that de-listing wolves in the Northern Rockies now is a mistake.
      In the letter, this bipartisan group of lawmakers cited grave concerns with the state wolf management plans approved by the Bush/Cheney Administration and their potential impact on the future of wolves in the region.
      Take a stand now. Send Secretary Kempthorne a message now and let him know that you’re outraged by the Bush/Cheney Administration’s actions and that you want a sustainable future for wolves in the region.
      Defenders is mustering our resources to fight these terrible proposals in the weeks ahead. But right now, we need you to speak out for wolves with your message.
      For the Wild Ones,
      Rodger Schlickeisen
      President
      Defenders of Wildlife
      Defenders Home | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Donate Now

      © Copyright 2007, Defenders of Wildlife
      This message was sent to quechick007@....
      Please do not respond to this message.
      Click here to update your information or unsubscribe.
      Defenders of Wildlife is a national, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their natural communities.
      Defenders of Wildlife can be contacted at:
      1130 17th Street, NW
      Washington, DC 20036

      Please don't forget, Al Franken is one of our own!
      Que*****

      quechick007@...
      From: "Dinah Dale, Al Franken for Senate" <info@...>
      Subject: Al needs YOU - help us finish the quarter strong!

      Dear Friend,
      My name is Dinah Dale, and I'm the Finance Director for the Franken campaign.
      That means it's my job to ensure that Al has the resources he needs to spread his message to every voter in Minnesota. Our campaign is already in full swing. Our new headquarters is bustling with field organizers, interns, and volunteers, and the phones never stop ringing.
      As a veteran of campaigns ranging from Paul Wellstone to Mark Dayton, I can tell you that early money makes a big difference. Because of the generous support of thousands of great progressives, we've been able to ramp up our program of voter contact and outreach much sooner than most campaigns. It's paying off - Al is the front-runner for the DFL nomination, and we're excited about taking on Sen. Coleman next year.
      Our campaign's early success isn't just due to our donors (and, if you're one of them, THANK YOU!) - it's due to our volunteers, our supporters, and our friends across the state of Minnesota and around the country.
      But if you haven't made a financial contribution, I also want to let you know that now is an important time to consider doing so. The second fundraising quarter ends Saturday, June 30 at midnight. And while every dollar you contribute to our campaign makes our grassroots organization more powerful, money you contribute before that deadline has another purpose, too. It helps us to make a statement about the strength of our support.
      CLICK HERE TO HELP US MAKE A STATEMENT!
      When I talk to donors and activists around Minnesota and across the country, they are excited about Al and inspired by his support for universal health care and renewable energy, his strong stance against the war in Iraq, and his long record of passionate advocacy for progressive values.
      But they all want to know: Can Al really beat Norm Coleman?
      The best way to convince them that Al can win this race is to tell them about the incredible commitment of our supporters - over 30,000 donors at last count!
      And that means that the best way for you to help Al today is to consider making an investment in our campaign before Saturday, June 30.
      CLICK HERE TO MAKE AN INVESTMENT IN OUR CAMPAIGN TODAY
      I know it's early in the campaign season, and I'm sure that you're being deluged with "asks" as the end of the quarter approaches.
      But this one can make a real difference. If we can show another strong fundraising quarter, we'll have answered many of the doubters and encouraged our many supporters. And, of course, we'll be able to continue to expand our campaign to every corner of the state.
      Whether you've contributed to our campaign before or not, we need your help now. Would you consider making a contribution before this Saturday? It doesn't matter if you're a first-time donor or if you've given before. And it doesn't matter whether you can afford a gift of $1000 or a gift of $25. Every dollar counts, and every donor matters.
      And thank you for all you've already done.
      Yours truly,
      Dinah Dale
      Finance Director
      Al Franken for Senate

      Paid for and authorized by Al Franken for Senate

      Contributions to Al Franken for Senate are not
      tax-deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes.
      This email was sent to:
      quechick007@...
      To unsubscribe, go to:

      "Robert Redford" <lcv@...>
      To: "Theresa J Steed" <Quechick007@...>
      Subject: Our moment is now

      Dear Theresa J,

      "Our moment is now."
      Donate today.

      I've been committed to solving global warming for about 20 years, but only now I feel we are finally at a tipping point.
      It's people like you and me - Americans who are fed up with destructive policies - who will make history. It's up to us to ensure that the presidential candidates understand the urgency of addressing global warming and offer solutions.
      That's why I'm asking you to support The Heat Is On campaign. By pushing global warming into the 2008 election spotlight, it's forcing candidates to take a stand on the issue - and giving all of us a chance to make educated choices about the future we leave to our children.
      Apathy is our biggest enemy. Please don't pass up this historic opportunity.
      Click here to give $35, $50, or $100 to keep The Heat Is On going strong.
      We need high-level moral leadership more than ever, but we also need the grassroots power to demand it. That means YOU getting involved today.
      Start by supporting The Heat Is On campaign. The Heat Is On campaign is working hard to make sure the American public knows what these candidates plan to do about the defining issue of our day.
      From organizing in early voting states, to educating political reporters about global warming, to tracking the candidates' positions, LCV is leading the way to ensure that the candidates are talking about the issues and committed to solving global warming.
      And The Heat Is On is making waves across the country. As the candidates pick up the pace on the campaign trail, I urge you to help The Heat Is On campaign stay out front.

      Make a secure online donation of $35 or more today.
      Your gift will help lead the way toward leaders who get global warming - and plan to solve it.
      Don't wait to do your part. Our country - and our planet - is at a tipping point. Help LCV make sure we head in the right direction.
      Thank you.
      Robert Redford

      Unsubscribe and HTML Settings
      This message was sent to Quechick007@.... Visit your subscription management page to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile. To stop ALL email from League of Conservation Voters, click to remove yourself from our lists (or reply via email with "remove or unsubscribe" in the subject line).

      One of the Best Senators at Investigations! in the Congress.  We need this one! He knows the Score.
      Que*****

      "Senator Carl Levin" <friendsofsenatorcarllevin@...>
      To: Quechick007@...
      Subject: Forcing Change
      Dear Theresa j.,

      June 30 Deadline: Please click here to contribute.
      Recent votes in Congress make crystal clear the importance of protecting and expanding our Democratic majority. There's just too much at stake to do anything else.
      On issue after issue - from the war in Iraq to stem cell research - it's Democrats who reflect the true wishes of the American people.
      In my own re-election effort, my immediate goal is to make a good showing in the important June 30 second quarter fundraising report to the Federal Election Commission. A strong report will make Republicans think twice about making my race a high priority and could be the difference between winning and losing in 2008. Please take a moment to contribute before the pivotal deadline.
      Click here to make a secure online contribution of $50, $100, or more.
      As Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, I have worked tirelessly to force the President to change his failed policy in Iraq and put pressure on Iraqi political leaders to take responsibility for their country's future by working out their political differences. The Levin-Reed amendment to accomplish that was unfortunately vetoed by the President.
      Closer to home, it was the Democratic majority that finally raised the minimum wage, implemented the 9/11 Commission recommendations and passed legislation expanding federal support for embryonic stem cell research.
      Think of how far back we would slide if we lost the Democratic majority. With your help today, we can send a clear message to our opponents that defeating us won't be easy in 2008. Please take action today and help put us over the top.
      Click here to make a secure online contribution of $50, $100, or more
      Thanks for your consideration and support.
      Sincerely,

      Carl Levin
      To remove yourself from the Friends of Senator Carl Levin email list,
      please click here to unsubscribe.
      Paid for by Friends of Senator Carl Levin.