MARCUS HODGES Encourages ROID RAGE in FL Prisons

  • Kay Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      No wonder we can't get professionalism in the prisons. "News4Jax.com had a report today that once again involved Allen 'AC' Clark's ballplaying, reportedly ex-con, ex-prison worker bad boy 'bro-in-law' Marcus Hodges aka Marcus Starling. It's not his first time in trouble for drugs. I personally believe steroids are a much bigger problem in the prisons and police departments of our nation than people are willing to believe. Steroid use among Florida's prison workers is reportedly prolific and a definate cause of some of the rage errant guards take out on the prisoners, which does not encourage rehabilitation. MTWT now has a page on steroids because it's an important issue. Kay Lee

      State Prison Workers Charged With Dealing Steroids
      http://www.news4jax.com/news/4240697/detail.html
      POSTED: 9:28 pm EST February 28, 2005

      JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Four current or former Department of Corrections employees have been arrested on federal charges of distribution of steroids.

      Warrants obtained based on a federal indictment handed down last Thursday named Sgt. Oscar Shipley, 41, who works at the Lake Butler Reception and Medical Center, and Clayton Manning, 33, who works at the New River East Correctional Center in Raiford. Both placed on administrative leave after their arrests.

      Also indicted were former DOC employees Michael Chambliss, 36, and Marcus Hodges [Marcus Sterling, AC Clark's ball-playing bro-in-law], 32.

      Jennifer Hall, 29, identified as Manning's ex-girlfriend, is charged with obstruction of justice.

      The indictments resulted from an investigation by the U.S. Justice Department, the Postal Inspector, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Clay County Sheriff's Office.

      If convicted on the steroid charges, the suspects could be sentenced up to 10 years in prison and fines up to $500,000.

      Copyright 2005 by News4Jax.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

      Kay Lee
      kaylee1@...
      2683 Rockcliff Rd. SE
      Atlanta, GA 30316
      404-212-0690
      Making The Walls Transparent
      http://www.angel fire.com/fl3/starke
      You will have to take the space out
      of 'angelfire' for this link to work.
      "So let us regard this as settled: what is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage. The mere act of believing that some wrongful course of action constitutes an advantage is pernicious." Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 B.C.)