Akha Journal number 2, mission rape and sale of Akha boys

  • Matthew McDaniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      Friends:

      The Akha Journal number 2 is selling briskly in Thai bookstores, sold out and resupplied, it has been keeping me very busy.

      You may buy this journal by sending $20 via the link at paypal below.

      Those of you who subscribed already will continue to get this journal and other journals for a while yet.

      But the response to this journal as a book, with the documentation it provides has been reason to aggressively market this Journal as a book.

      *****
      In what has been an exhausting ten days I continue to work on a case of a mission boarding school in Thailand run by an foreign missionary, where the Akha boys made contact to me and said that they had been raped and that other people were involved with the missionary and sold the boys for sex repeatedly to other people. The boys who were raped are 7 to 10 years in age.

      They were told they would be killed if they talked.  Witnesses told me they would be killed if they talked.  I have reported these incidents to the US Embassy in Thailand. I wait for a response. Since these missions are all in a network and other missions are also involved in similar incidents, I find it very difficult to get these stories investigated.  However this last incident was so rapid in how it became known with the associated death threats, and the number of boys involved and trying to find protection for them that there has been little choice but for me to put this case to the web. Thai police are involved in the selling of these boys.

      I have contacted many agencies.  None of them have gotten back to me.  Finding an agency that one can talk to without ending up dead at the end of the day is a problem in a country where underground paedophile rings seem to have western connections.

      I have been long saying that Akha boarding schools in Thailand will repeat all the same traits as Indian boarding schools in Canada and other places for sexual abuse of the children.  Few have listened.  Akha children should not be removed from their families and villages even if their parents are dead, as the village still provides them with much better security.

      Matthew McDaniel

      The Akha Heritage Foundation.
      http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.
      PO Box 6073 Salem, OR. 97304 USA.