Re: [Church of God in Christ] Pastor Nathan Simmons death

  • Elaine Patterson
    Message 1 of 55 , Nov 29, 2006
      OOPS.............now let's move on........OK

      mr_mebig <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Uh Oh!

      --- In churchofgodinchrist@yahoogroups.com, Word Lover
      <wordlover72@...> wrote:

      > I don't understand why all the argument and the issues surrounding
      the question of how he died. That is a common question when someone
      passes but because some of you know and have heard what he died of,
      you want to keep it concealed. If it had been just a heart attack,
      stroke, etc. with no questions asked you would have responded. But
      because the disease is linked to a certain lifestyle...everybody is
      trying to act like it is wrong to ask how he died.

      > awordcogic@... wrote:
      > To all concerned: I know how he died....he died when his
      heart stopped beating and his lungs stopped breathing...he gave up
      the ghost and he died....anything else...ask God

      > Supt W. Stephens
      > >
      > > From: "Rachelle Sullins" <rsullins@...>
      > > Date: 2006/11/29 Wed AM 11:02:03 EST
      > > To: <churchofgodinchrist@yahoogroups.com>
      > > Subject: RE: [Church of God in Christ] Pastor Nathan Simmons
      death

      > > Is that what is important?
      > >

      > > Evangelist Rachelle L. Sullins
      > >
      > > Blessed and highly favored

      Elaine
      IT IS WELL

    • Lawrence Howard
      Message 55 of 55 , Dec 1, 2006
        1st. of all,.. My family happens to be close to the Simmons fam. He & my father preached many times for each other over the years & we grew close. 2nd,.. I would'nt have to go to the church just to see him. His wife & my mother still call each other from time to time & my fathers been dead 10yrs. He came ALL the way from Atlanta to be with us. In fact my pastor is in Atlanta NOW with the family. Pastor Simmons had a conection with a lot of people here in Ohio, & yes other places to but I live here. You dont know who he was or was'ent close to. Nor do you knoow anything about me. So your best bet is to just SHUT UP!!! when it comes to matters that you have'ent the first idea about. And keep my name out your mouth.

        Shekinah Deliverance Ministries <sdministries2004@...> wrote: For more information regarding the passing of Prophet Nathan L. Simmons, please
        call the church.
        Citadel of Hope Evangelistic COGIC
        404.753.8244
        www.citadelofhope.org
        I'm sure they'll love to explain to you the extent of the death of their beloved Pastor. And yes I'm being very sarcastic here.
        Come on man...does it matter???? He had not been in his pulpit for a few months..so how did you see him a few weeks ago? Did you go to the house? I'm mean for real....Lets just use wisdom and sobriety in all our dealings with the people of GOD is all I'm asking of the saints. The world needs not another reason to NOT believe in our GOD. Trust me they get the church gossip just as fast as we get it.

        Lawrence Howard <bigljh2@...> wrote:
        I just want to know how he died. Im still in shock. I just seen him afew weeks ago when I helped a friend move to Atlanta. I contacted a friend of mine Chipper & he was fine, at least as far as I could tell.

        Shekinah Deliverance Ministries <sdministries2004@...> wrote: Grace & Peace

        I usually dont respond to these posts for OBVIOUS reasons(gossip), but I want to forewarn those of you who desire to speculate and to formulate erroneously and misleading opinions on the late Prophet Nathan L. Simmons before this thread even goes into the abyss of slander, gossip and speculation. Please be advised that he WAS a great man of GOD and a prophet unto the nations. Even in death, the undeniable anointing and the mantle he carried should be treated with the utmost respect and dignity. I know how these posts go, it starts off with one question, in this particular case, "How did he die" and the rest will go down hill. For real who on here really knows? Were any of us his medical doctor? Surely Lady Simmons isnt on here revealing personal things about her dearly departed husband!!! So truthfully speaking, i'm quite sure the extent of his personal life was probably only known to very few in his inner circle of whom probably arent a part of this posting group.
        So there are things many of us will never ever know and rightfully so. With that being said, please lets dignify this awesome man of GOD with ONLY kind words and words of comfort to his family and his church. As a leader in the Lords church myself and one who's had to endure slanderous situations also, please I'm begging of you all who are intrigued by the why's and how's to remember he was someone's husband, father, brother, son, pastor and friend. Please examine the motive of your heart in regards to every question and comment about this mighty man of GOD. God already knows......

        Shekinah Deliverance Ministries <sdministries2004@...> wrote:
        Prophet Simmons was 46 years old.

        tigerberry2 <tigerberry2@...> wrote: Does anyone know how old Pastor Nathan Simmons was?

        atlanta bishop <atlantabishop1@...> wrote: Yes he passed away last night. The family is in our prayers.