I wish there was an updated article on her.

  • Mike Eder
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2005
      I wish we knew what Happened to her family and friends in the 30
      years since her death. I wonder if there is any footage of her that
      does exist. Seeing her other shows may be facinationg to see if she
      showed any signs of her emotional problems before the suicide. I may
      be in the minority. but I would rather see that the the death itself.
    • proud_newfoundlander
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12 8:46 AM
        --- In chubbuck@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Eder" <edermike2000@y...> wrote:

        > I wish we knew what Happened to her family and friends in the 30
        > years since her death. I wonder if there is any footage of her that
        > does exist. Seeing her other shows may be facinationg to see if she
        > showed any signs of her emotional problems before the suicide. I may
        > be in the minority. but I would rather see that the the death
        itself. i found this website where you can order old television news
        archives ,i did a search on this site for chris chubbuck and found
        three clips about her suicide from nbc,cbs and abc evening news from
        july,15th 1974.the clips range from 20 to 40 seconds long,whether
        there is footage of christine in these clips or not,i don't know.for
        anyone interested in checking this site out the link to the site is
        http://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu/
      • newhope4kim
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2005
          --- In chubbuck@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Eder" <edermike2000@y...> wrote:

          > I wish we knew what Happened to her family and friends in the 30
          > years since her death. I wonder if there is any footage of her that
          > does exist. Seeing her other shows may be facinationg to see if she
          > showed any signs of her emotional problems before the suicide. I may
          > be in the minority. but I would rather see that the the death itself

          Hi, I just joined the group on Chris today. I do know a few things
          about Chris' family. I had written Jean Reed, who was one of the
          camerawomen at Channel 40, and a friend of Chris' mom, Peg. Jean is
          in her 80's now. She was a features writer at Pelican Press
          (www.pelicanpress.com ?). Peg had died of natural causes (she had
          been ill for some time) on Mother's Day in 1994 or '95. Chris' older
          brother, Timothy, an interior decorator, sadly died of AIDS in the mid-
          1990's; he was Gay. And the other brother, Gregory, is still living
          in Sarasota, in his late 50's or early 60's. I'm just remembering
          this information off the top of my head, because I have Jean's letter
          in storage and will find it again.

          Hope this answers some of your questions. -- Kim
        • proud_newfoundlander
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2005
            --- In chubbuck@yahoogroups.com, "newhope4kim" <newhope4kim@y...> wrote:

            > --- In chubbuck@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Eder" <edermike2000@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I wish we knew what Happened to her family and friends in the 30
            > > years since her death. I wonder if there is any footage of her that
            > > does exist. Seeing her other shows may be facinationg to see if she
            > > showed any signs of her emotional problems before the suicide. I may
            > > be in the minority. but I would rather see that the the death itself
            >

            > Hi, I just joined the group on Chris today. I do know a few things
            > about Chris' family. I had written Jean Reed, who was one of the
            > camerawomen at Channel 40, and a friend of Chris' mom, Peg. Jean is
            > in her 80's now. She was a features writer at Pelican Press
            > (www.pelicanpress.com ?). Peg had died of natural causes (she had
            > been ill for some time) on Mother's Day in 1994 or '95. Chris' older
            > brother, Timothy, an interior decorator, sadly died of AIDS in the mid-
            > 1990's; he was Gay. And the other brother, Gregory, is still living
            > in Sarasota, in his late 50's or early 60's. I'm just remembering
            > this information off the top of my head, because I have Jean's letter
            > in storage and will find it again.
            >
            > Hope this answers some of your questions. -- Kim
            interesting info kim,i knew that christine's mom and brother died but
            i had no idea that her brother died of aids ,for anyone interested in
            knowing christine's mom died in 1994 and her brother sadly passed away
            in 1987.
          • Mike Eder
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2005
              Thanks for the info. Is there any other photo of then the one we have
              on this site?
            • Kim Wood`
              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2005
                So far, we haven't found one. I've been on Google, etc. There was a color photo of the anchors at Channel 40 with Chris a few months before she died; and even though it would be a popular photo, it hasn't been released to the public.   It's been almost 31 years; I guess it will never be released.  I believe Chris was more attractive than the black & white photo in the newspaper.  Which is why I wanted another photo of her, in color.  (She was tall at 5'9" and had waist-length raven hair. Handsome facial features. Maybe another photo would show her *smiling* !) The shadow or shading (I'm not a photography student) the photographer used on Chris' face, made her look as if she had a big nose. I don't think her nose was big. Her eyes, though, *do* look depressed.  There's no twinkle in them.

                We all hope someday to find, at least, one good color photo of Christine.

                -- Kim

                Mike Eder <edermike2000@...> wrote:
                Thanks for the info. Is there any other photo of then the one we have
                on this site?

                Discover Yahoo!