Hi newbie here:) soo thankful I found this group!!!!

  • i_am_evenity
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
      HI everyone! My name is Shannon a 31 year old from NS, Canada. I just
      wanted to say how pleased I am that I found the Christian Veg.
      Organization and this subsequent yahoo group. Its always been a bit sad
      and confusing to me that when I expressed my passion and views on this
      subject that most of my fellow Christians and church family looked at
      me like I had 2 heads and/or seemed like they couldnt care less. To me,
      its just an obviously natural extension of true Christian values to be
      good stewards of our earth and have great compassion for all of God's
      creatures. I am so excited and thankful that this group was created and
      look fwd to sharing and learning and growing with you all and spreading
      this important message.
      Love and God Bless
      Shannon
    • Pamm
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
        Welcome Shannon

        So happy that you found (or God lead you to) this group, Sure know the feeling of the 2 headed looks even with congregants in many churches. You will find some great discussions, learn new things, be part of a group that has similar if not the same points of view about all God's creatures and hopefully make some good friends.
        Nice to have you on board,
        Blessings
        Pamm

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
          Yes, welcome, Shannon. It can be very helpful and encouraging to be around
          people who "get it", and as Pamm said, who've gotten the "you have 2 heads"
          look from fellow parishioners, family, and even friends, too. We've all been
          there, and it's a challenge - but a challenge I'm sure you're up to! ;-D

          We don't always agree here, theologically or politically, and there are
          varying degrees of vegetarianism/veganism within the group - but there's a
          great deal of tolerance and acceptance, and Steve is a great moderator.

          Enjoy the list, and best wishes!

          Laurie

          Laurie Ulrich Fuller
          www.freedomforanimals.org
          If you love animals, don't eat or wear them!

          _____

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
            Hi Shannon –
            So happy to read your e-note about finding this group.
            I’m new, too, and also very pleased. It makes such a
            difference to know we aren’t “all alone” out there. I
            remember talking with a dear Christian friend of mine
            about why I didn’t choose to eat beef, and she replied
            in the sweetest, nicest voice: “But Eva, they’re
            *only* cows!” I still love her – but I don’t seem to
            be able to communicate with her on this topic. It’s
            good to have this group to share with.
            Eva

          • JOHN GREEN
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
              Thank you for sharing this happy moment of yours with me. It is a happy
              moment indeed, to meet folk like you - sharing in and resonating that long
              moment when my own miracle was granted me almost a decade ago, that is the
              revelation in my heart of Jesus thirsting love for all creatures great and
              small. That moment is forever, like a tidal wave of love that wells within a
              growing number, not just for all humanity, but for all creation. You have
              been truly blessed. Me too. Sometimes, often, the very thought of it makes
              me fall to my knees and give thanks to the Father for His tender mercy. If
              He 'through whom all things came into being' has blessed us so with the
              revelation of the groans and the suffering amidst all His creation, how much
              more has He bestowed on us through His divine mercy, through the revelation
              in us, of the suffering of His only begotten Son, the King of Kings and Lord
              of Lords, through whom we have been foreknown, predestined, called,
              justified, and glorified, having escaped together from that suffering, even
              if now my dear brothers and sisters, we are for a little while to taste some
              trials that are to test our faith and the hope we share in His divine mercy.
              May every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms be yours for ever more.
              Don't ever lose the joy of being a 'newbie' for Jesus and all His creation.
              He makes all things become new. John Green. Melbourne.

            • vsd2004
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
                Hi - Sharon,
                I am glad you sent this and wrote about you.
                I like to know more about you if it is O,K.
                Rest when you reply,
                With kind regards,
                vidya sagar duggal.
              • sharon bishop
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 5, 2008
                  hi Vidya,
                  i just found your mail u sent on 3 april. feeling a bit lost and not sure what i sent and wrote, can you please remind me!!

                  thanks God bless in peace and health

                  Sharon

                  vsd2004 <vsd2004@...> wrote: Hi - Sharon,
                  I am glad you sent this and wrote about you.
                  I like to know more about you if it is O,K.
                  Rest when you reply,
                  With kind regards,
                  vidya sagar duggal.

                • Shannon McKeough
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 2008
                    Thank you all for your warm and wonderful welcome. umm more about me..ok
                    well I am a born again Christian..I began my faith in the Catholic Church, but it just didnt resonate with me too much at a young age..so I left and began exploring other spiritual paths, always feeling the call for God and searching for him relentlessly and always feeling Jesus with me as I searched..however I retuned to a Baptist Church and renewed my faith as a Christian and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and things all started to fall into place in my life again. I battled spiritual warefare and illness for most of my life..and now am being freed from it because of Christ..so thats a little more about me..heheh
                    nice to be here:)
                    God Bless
                    Shannon

                    vsd2004 <vsd2004@...> wrote:
                    Hi - Sharon,
                    I am glad you sent this and wrote about you.
                    I like to know more about you if it is O,K.
                    Rest when you reply,
                    With kind regards,
                    vidya sagar duggal.

                    ~ your happy thought truly does make you fly!
                    (Peter Pan)

                  • Pamm
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 6, 2008
                      So nice to hear a bit about you Shanno. Isn't it wonderful what faith in
                      Christ and grace from God can do for our very being as well as our souls. So
                      nice to have you on the list and welcome.

                      Blessings to you

                      Pamm

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 9, 2008
                        Hi-Sharon,
                        I was away to India & England
                        I am back to Canada now
                        I wish to go to Europe & Australia
                        in a month or so
                        How are you ?
                        Nice to receive your message again

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 9, 2008
                          Hi Vidya,
                          thanks for giving me an update on your travels.

                          we will receive you with gladness when you come to Australia.

                          God bless

                          Sharon

                          vidya duggal <vsd2004@...> wrote: Hi-Sharon,