Orlando Chirstian Single And Ministry Singles Are Hosting A Christmas party...

  • Karl Roberts
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
      Orlando Chirstian Singles and Ministry Singles are hosting a
      christmas party, Tonight, December 3rd, at the Whirl & Twirl. Tickets
      are $5.00. Feel Free to come. There is a Flyer for the Event in the
      Files Section of this group.

      Hope to see you there.

      Karl Roberts
      www.orlandochristiansingles.org
    • patti kidd
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2005
        Hi. My name is Patti Kidd, and I have a fantastic outreach opportunity that I think singles, small groups and musicians will be interested in. (Please feel free to pass this email on to whomever you like.)

        Small groups are all about unity and connection, right? So what better way to create this atmosphere than to work together as a team on a 2hr. outreach?

        It's fun, it's easy, it's simply, and best of all in 2 hrs. your team will be lovingly ministering to the practical needs of over 40 disadvantaged people.

        Where?

        History Center Park. (The corner of Central Ave & Court St). Most people meet at the Denny's Restaurant in Casselberry at Oxford Rd. @ 7:15pm, and car pool down. But if it is more convenient to meet at the park, we meet there at 8pm. Parking is available in the garage located 1 block east of the History Center on Central Ave for a cost of $2.

        When?

        For the past 2 years, this outreach has run every second Wed night on an ongoing basis. So, just choose one of our alternating Wednesdays, and you're on! We're flexible. We just love this ministry and want to get the word out that street ministry is fun.

        Any of the following dates would do.

        Wed. Dec. 21st
        Wed Jan 4th.
        Wed Jan 11th
        Wed Jan 18th
        Wed Jan 25th
        etc. etc. etc. etc..................

        What do you need to do?

        Start gathering clothing for the homeless, a couple of weeks before the outreach date.
        Prepare the food the day before the outreach.

        What type of food? Sandwiches, individually wrapped snacks, cookies, candy, soft fruit, canned food w/ easy open pop tops, etc. Please avoid food that has to be served out in bowls like soup, casseroles, etc. We want to make it easy for the people to take the food w/ them and we must think in terms of sanitation. There are missions that serve regular meals that the people can go to.

        Or if you just want to donate money, we know where to buy fried chicken at a reasonable rate.

        What articles of clothing do you suggest people bring? Typically, men's clothes, shirts, shorts, pants, tennis shoes (no hard soled shoes unless they are work boots). blankets, and backpacks. No children’s clothes please. Mostly the homeless are men, so there is less of a need for women’s clothes, and no need whatsoever for children’s clothes. White socks are also in high demand and a sleeping bag is a real treasure for the homeless.

        Where do people get these items? From family, friends garage sales, outlets, Goodwill,
        Salvation Army, etc.

        What does the night involve?
        After a brief prayer, we start giving out food and clothing at 8:00pm
        When everyone is fed, there is a time of worship, and then a short message from the Word.
        Everything is packed up and we are ready to go by 9:30pm

        One more thing.......

        If you have any musicians in your group, we love to have your members provide the worship. Dave Mullen (the leader of this event) gives you total freedom to select what songs you want to play as long as it edifies Jesus, and you provide song sheets so others can join in the worship.
        Please note: there isn't any electrical outlet in History Center Park, so if you use an amp, it has to be battery operated.

        So Christian singles, that's the scoop on this wonderful outreach opportunity. Please take the time to pray and consider if you know indivduals, a small group or musicians who may be interested in joining us for a fun packed night of ministry. All we ask is that you come once, because ministry to others, changes all of our lives for the better.

        Patti Kidd
        ph: 407 232-3009
        Call or email me if you have any questions

      • L MS
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2005
          Wow-

          Thats is a very good way to reach the single low income people. I live in the space center and it would be great to know if there is program in my area like that.

          God Bless.

          Lois

          patti kidd <kiddpatti2@...> wrote: Hi. My name is Patti Kidd, and I have a fantastic outreach opportunity that I think singles, small groups and musicians will be interested in. (Please feel free to pass this email on to whomever you like.)

[...]

          Single christian U s bank home mortgage U s patent search Single in orlando

          ---------------------------------

          LOIS MARIE
        • patti kidd
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 9, 2006
            Hi Karl. It was nice talking to you the other day. We have the following YWAM event coming up that I think some of the Orlando Christian Singles would be interested in. Could you please spam it out to your email list.

            Thank.

            Patti Kidd
            P.S. Keep up the good work. Orlando needs a group like yours.

            Come One, Come All to an Outdoor Extravaganza
            Of Music, Dance and Drama

            Join us, Wed. Aug. 16th for a fun-filled evening packed full of artistic display. Eleven talented YWAMers will be performing a variety of skits that will entertain, challenge and inspire you.

            Where?

            History Center Park. (The corner of Central Ave & Court St).

            Parking is available at the indoor garage located 1 block east of the History Center on Central Ave. for a cost of $1/hr.

            When?

            Wed. August 16, 2006

            The dramas begin approximately 8:30pm, so bring a lawn chair, kick back and enjoy the entertainment. You’ll be glad you came.

            Cost?

            Nothing……………except bring some used clothing for the homeless. Here are some suggestions: men's shirts, shorts, pants, white socks, tennis shoes (no hard soled shoes),

            blankets, backpack, or even a used sleeping bag. No food or children’s clothing please.

            Any questions or comments: Call Patti Kidd (407) 232 3009

            This event is in cooperation with the Distributed Ministry of Northland Church.