Response to Rush Responses

  • txpayr731
    Message 1 of 3883 , Jul 1, 2000
      Thanks for your thoughts on who you feel Rush is
      and how well he represents Christianity. In
      contemporary terms, it is clear he holds a general
      conservative outlook on issues. He does so from more a
      political frame of reference than a religious base. He may
      well recognize that putting forth a religious based
      show may narrow his audience. And the Left would
      quickly contend his show promotes religion and does not
      belong over "public" airwaves. <br> Ed pointed out that
      Rush's brother is an outspoken Christian and writer.
      This must influence Rush significantly.<br> It should
      be noted that it is difficult for Christians to
      express their views over commercial airwaves. The Left
      has stacked the deck against those who seek to
      express religious views in the secular media. They have
      convinced our politicians, media moguls, and most citizens
      that expressions of religion and morality have no
      place for airing, save for in church and at home.<br>
      Also, they have inoculated the same to believe that
      religious based views are biased, whereas secular held
      positions are neutral, thus can be trusted...because they
      are not tied to a particular religion. In other
      words, psychiatrists can be trusted more than clergy.
      trusted over clergy. And it is evident that Hollywood now
      controls our culture and communities, replacing our
      churches.<br> So, Rush had an uphill battle to fight when
      starting his program. I, frankly, admire the work of Dr.
      Laura more, as she vigorusly promotes Judeo-Christian
      views in the secular media. And, not surprisingly, she
      has been a target of the irreverent left,
      particularly homosexuals, for daring to speak the truth. In
      Christ, Ralph
    • James
      Message 3883 of 3883 , Oct 25, 2004
        --- In christianrepublicans@yahoogroups.com, slapsillyslim wrote:
        > Yes!!!! No More Gore<br><br> I thought that I had
        > about seen everything out<br>of this Clinton-Gore crowd
        > but then there's "Gore 2<br>Kicking and
        > Screaming".<br><br> Let us pray that something will be done
        > about<br>ru486 befor it goes over the counter. It is a human
        > pestacide.<br> I wish Mr. Bush the very best as he starts

        SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

        Mr. Bush did his best to help the right with his signature on the bill
        to ban the hienous practice of partial birth abortion. He did his best
        with trying to have marriage protected as a holy sacrament. He did his
        best with trying to appoint pro-life judges. He is doing his best with
        trying to rid the world of radical Islamic terrorists.

        He dared to draw a line in the sand and say " No more."

        Traitor kerry wants to fill in the line drawn by President Bush and to
        kow-tow to a un filled with thugs. The reason that Sad-dum could and
        did repeatedly thumb his nose at the un and 1441 was that he had them
        paid off. He used kick-backs from the Oil-for-food deal to have his
        way in spite of our best efforts to the contrary. Hell would have fro-
        zen over a foot thick before we would have gotten any help from them.

        Just as prayer worked to get ru-486 off the counter I pray now that we
        get the heck out of the un and get the un the heck out of the US.

        Four more years,
        James