Arnie won't be back so Condi backs Meg Whitman for Governor of California 2010

  • Peter Dow
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is seen before the NFL Super Bowl XLIV football game between the Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints in Miami, Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.
      Condoleezza Rice endorses Whitman for governor
      http://www.examiner.com/x-37456-Stanislaus-County-Elections-2010-Examiner~y2010m3d1-Condoleezza-Rice-endorses-Whitman-for-governor
      Condoleezza Rice formally entered California politics this morning with an endorsement of Meg Whitman for the Republican nomination for governor of California.’

      Rice was U.S. secretary of state under President George W. Bush.

      In a statement emailed by the Whitman campaign, Rice said:

      "California is my home and there is only one person running for Governor who can lead the way toward rebuilding our state.

      "In my experiences in and out of government, I find the most effective leaders to be those who maintain a clear vision, mobilize diverse groups, and inspire them to work together in confronting the most pressing challenges. That is why I am supporting Meg Whitman.

      "Meg will do what is needed to get California back on track."

      Rice has resisted efforts by voters to persuade her to run for offices ranging from governor to U.S. senator to president of the United States.

      The primary election is June 8. The winner in the GOP primary will probably face Democrat Jerry Brown in November.

      Brown, 71, previously served as governor of California, 1975-83, and waged three unsuccessful campaigns for the Democratic presidential nomination.

      With great beauty comes great responsibility
      MIAMI GARDENS, FL - FEBRUARY 07: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice watches warms-ups on the field prior to the start of Super Bowl XLIV between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints on February 7, 2010 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
      Condoleezza Rice endorses Meg; says she’ll get state ‘back on track’

      http://www.megwhitman.com/story/1101/condoleezza-rice-endorses-meg-says-she%E2%80%99ll-get-state-%E2%80%98back-on-track%E2%80%99.html

      March 01, 2010
      Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice announced her endorsement of Meg Whitman today, calling her a “proven leader” who will do what’s necessary to get California back on track.

      “California is my home and there is only one person running for governor who can lead the way toward rebuilding our state," Rice said.  She “is a proven leader who developed a small start-up company into a global economic powerhouse and encouraged entrepreneurialism at all levels of society. Meg will do what is needed to get California back on track."

      "In my experiences in and out of government, I find the most effective leaders to be those who maintain a clear vision, mobilize diverse groups, and inspire them to work together in confronting the most pressing challenges,” Rice said. “That is why I am supporting Meg Whitman.”

      Meg is honored to have Rice's endorsement.

      "For years I've admired Condoleezza for her passion for spreading democracy around the world and her long commitment to serving our nation. She is truly a model for leadership," Meg said.

      Rice served as 66th U.S. Secretary of State from 2005 to 2009, and was the second woman to hold that office. From 2001 to 2005, Rice served as National Security Advisor. Today, she teaches political science at Stanford University and is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution.

      This important endorsement is another sign of the growing momentum behind Meg's campaign and her message of creating jobs, cutting spending and fixing education.

      Meg Whitman

      Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and director Spike Lee are shown before the first half of the NFL Super Bowl XLIV football game between the Indianapolis Colts and the New Orleans Saints in Miami, Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010.

      Arnold Schwarzenegger will not run again after second term as California's governor
      November 20, 2009
      http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2009m11d20-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-will-not-run-again-after-second-term-as-Californias-governor

      Rice for President Yahoo Group

      "Condoleezza Rice for President in 2012. Join this group of supporters from everywhere on the world wide web."
      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/rice- for-president/