"Solution to the Crisis" by Joseph Y. Lee
- Solution to the Crisis
by Joseph Yosuk Lee
To the Brothers and Sisters who are faithful
in Christ Jesus:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and
the Lord Jesus Christ.
I want to remind everyone that Christianity is not
about living a perfect life. It is about the
crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of our
Lord Jesus Christ. Christianity is about the grace
of God. However, I have some band-aid solutions
unless my advice is coupled by the grace of God.
1) We can pray about the crisis.
2) We can repent. We can confess our sins to our
pastors and deacons whenever we have difficulty
repenting. (James 5:16)
3) The members from the local church can participate
by going to Bible study and by going to church every
Sunday. We need to participate in all congregational
church meetings. If anyone is not at church, the
members of the church should call him/her and ask
him/her how he/she is doing. We should do this through
e-mail or through the phone.
4) We can evangelize to our non-Christian peers at
work by building relationships with them.
5) We can read books by Norman Geisler, John M.
Frame, R.C. Sproul, and John MacArthur.
6) We must not compromise on the issues of divorce,
abortion, homosexuality, etc.
7) The church must work as a team. We should not
compete with other churches. We must respond
competitively to the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses,
Muslims, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhists, and the
Unification Church. For example, Jehovah's
Witnesses evangelize and put a booth in the Great
Mall at San Jose. We must respond competitively by
putting our own booth in the malls. When the
Mormons require their members to do missions for
two years, we should respond competitively by
doing the same. Please note that we need grace to
compel us to take action against the Mormons,
Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.
8) We can save time by not watching TV or by not
playing any video games unless we can foster the
spirit of fellowship and accountability.
9) We can faithfully tithe to the church, and we
can do it in secret without boasting to our fellow
brothers and sisters.
10) We should not make the church into a circus.
The people in the church can just simply pay more
attention to what the pastor says. A pastor is not
a stand-up comedian. He is the head of the church.
I really believe that it is the members'
responsibility to listen to the pastor even though
the pastor may be boring. Church should be God-
centered, not man-centered. We should not compromise
the quality of worship just because people find
11) The deacons and elders at the church can
introduce themselves to everyone in the church. Let
the people in the church get to know all of the
deacons and elders. Let the deacons and elders ask
questions to the members of the church about pastors'
messages. Let the deacons and elders quiz the
members in the church about what the members have
learned and heard.
12) We can read the Bible.
13) We can post the pastors' messages on the website
and through e-mail.
14) We must listen to the members in the local church.
We must learn to listen.
Thank you for your prayers.
Grace be with all those who incorruptibly love our Lord
Following the will of God,
Joseph Yosuk Lee
1. Counterfeit Revival by Hank Hanegraaff
2. Faith Works by John F. MacArthur, Jr.
3. Christianity in Crisis by Hank Hanegraaff
Copyright - CHEMISTRY (CHristian E-mail MIniSTRY)
E-mail: _JosephYLee@..._ (mailto:JosephYLee@...) , Website:
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]