Alaska Right to Life Endorses Mike Huckabee

  • Victoria
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1 6:30 AM
      Alaska Right to Life Endorses Mike Huckabee for Republican Presidential Bid Steven Ertelt
      LifeNews.com Editor
      January 30, 2008

      Juneau, AK (LifeNews.com) -- Alaska Right to Life is the latest statewide pro-life group to endorse Mike Huckabee for the Republican nomination for president. Huckabee finished fourth in the Florida primary on Tuesday night but he is soldiering on towards the Super Tuesday contests and hoping to capture some southern states and smaller states like Alaska.
      Christopher Kurka, a member of the board of Alaska Right to Life, told LifeNews.com that Huckabee is the best candidate on pro-life issues of the four left in the race.
      "Alaska Right To Life is pleased to announce our endorsement of former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee for President," he said.
      "Gov. Huckabee has a long track record of supporting pro-life legislation. He is the only top tier candidate who is genuinely committed to fighting for the sanctity of human life," Kurka added.
      Kurka said the governor spoke to the board during a January 17 board meeting and told the group's leaders that it's not enough to just support the reversal of Roe v. Wade. He said pro-life advocates should press for a human life amendment to the Constitution.
      "You can't have fifty versions of what one person can do to another... (it's) not a political issue it is a moral issue," Huckabee told the group.
      With its endorsement, Alaska Right to Life joins its sister groups in Georgia, Montana, Tennessee, Arizona and Missouri in endorsing Huckabee.
      After the Florida primary, pro-abortion candidate Rudy Giuliani is dropping out of the contest. That leads John McCain, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, who all oppose abortion.
      Huckabee and Paul also oppose federal funding of embryonic stem cell research, Romney supports some embryonic stem cell research but not federal funding, while McCain has repeatedly voted for funding.

      Related web sites:
      Alaska Right to Life - http://www.alaskarighttolife.org

      Sorry if this has already been sent or posted,
      just dis-regard or maybe it’s worth reading again.

    • Bonnie McCoy
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1 3:50 PM
        Still researching, but...

        I went onto www.youtube.com yesterday and searched "Mike Huckabee". There are many short videos where you can hear him speak on the issues (evolution, pro-life, gays in the military, taxes, immigration, same-sex marriage, etc.) There is also a great 5-6 part video of his interview with Glen Beck.

        He is very knowledgeable about the issues and doesn't hesitate in answering anything thrown at him. Above all else, he is a godly man who is willing to tell the world about his faith in God. I believe him to be genuine in his words and actions.

        Every Christian needs to research where ALL of the candidates have stood in the past, and where they now stand, on those issues that truly strike the heart of Christians and our God. Then, our decision should be an easy one.

        In Christ,
        Bonnie

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1 8:55 PM
          Except for his LITTLE problem on the issue of immigration.

          Bonnie McCoy wrote:

> [...]
          > (it's) not a political issue it is a moral issue," Huckabee told the
          > group.
          > With its endorsement, Alaska Right to Life joins its sister groups in
          > Georgia, Montana, Tennessee, Arizona and Missouri in endorsing Huckabee.
          > After the Florida primary, pro-abortion candidate Rudy Giuliani is
          > dropping out of the contest. That leads John McCain, Mitt Romney and
          > Ron Paul, who all oppose abortion.
          > Huckabee and Paul also oppose federal funding of embryonic stem cell
          > research, Romney supports some embryonic stem cell research but not
          > federal funding, while McCain has repeatedly voted for funding.
          >
          > Related web sites:
          > Alaska Right to Life - http://www.alaskarighttolife.org
          > <http://www.alaskarighttolife.org>
          >
          > Sorry if this has already been sent or posted,
          > just dis-regard or maybe it's worth reading again.

        • ~mary~
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1 10:32 PM
            TAXES!
            TAXES!
            TAXES!

            plus.....

            If you Vote for him only because he's a Christian, then you are doing what others are doing such as:

            Blacks only voting for Obama
            Women only voting for Hillary
            Military only voting for McCain

            You need to do MORE Research and see how Huckabee VOTED on the ISSUES.... not that he's a Christian? just my 2c, mary

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2 8:10 AM
              Mary,

              First of all, my salutation said "Still researching...". I did not say that Mike Huckabee was my choice, at this point. I further went on to say that "Every Christian needs to research where ALL of the candidates have stood, in the past, and where they now stand...". In order to do that, we have to look at their past and present statements, actions and votes. As Christians, that is our responsibility.

              Secondly, I AM looking for the candidate that addresses the issues according to God's will. That, too, is our responsibility as Christians.

              Lastly, voting for a candidate whose heart is right with God, has no comparison to your verbage of Blacks voting for Obama, Women voting for Hillary or Military voting for McCain.

              I apologize if I did not make myself clear in my e-mail. The last thing I want to do is to mislead anyone. Our nation depends on the truth (God's word - John 17:17) now more than ever before.

              In Christ,
              Bonnie

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2 9:32 AM
                Bonnie, I too believe all Christians must research all the candidates , however I think you'll agree we Christian U.S. Americans do not have much to choose from. I'd like to share my brief opinions about each presidential hopeful with you.

                McCain, is to Liberal for my future, I always think of him as what Democrats were long ago before they favored the followings of Socialism/Communisms.

                Romney, I like him I would vote for Romney before I would give my vote to McCain. However I am very uncomfortable with Romney being a Mormon and for his state being the only state that has same sex marriage,eek.

                Clinton, I do not have the time or energy to analyze Hillary, but I do think United State would be better off with her rather than Obama.

                Obama, is an arrogant rich kid with a heavy influence of atheist-ism and Muslim-ism in my opinion should NOT be allowed to run any Christian country.
                I can think of and excellent black man to run our country, the Honorable Alan Keyes. Now Keyes would be an assets to all U.S. citizens.

                Huckabee, has the closet opinions to my than any of the other candidates.
                Romney , would be second.

                I have so much more I would to say but I ran out of time. Please keep sharing your research, it's always helpful to know others opinions.

                Peace be with you,
                Victoria

                Bonnie McCoy <boyles_mccoy@...> wrote: Mary,

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2 5:17 PM
                    Ditto, Bonnie it very scary for us Christians .

                    Bonnie McCoy <boyles_mccoy@...> wrote: Thanks for your words, Victoria! It's uplifting to hear from another Christian what their opinions are regarding the candidates. Gives me more food for thought! I truly believe this may be the most important presidential election in our lifetime.

                    In Christ,
                    Bonnie

                    Victoria wrote:
[...]

                    Bonnie McCoy wrote: Mary,