Obey the laws of the land

  • cowboyben77
    Message 1 of 3883 , Aug 4, 2001
      The Bible says to obey the laws of the land. I
      don't know where but that's what I've been told. But
      there is another law that is above the law. That is the
      constitution. The people who run the government are not the
      government. Our government is the constitution. And from what
      I've heard, any group of people can go off and start
      their own government on their own land as long as they
      abide by the constitution. So my question is, would it
      be morally okay to break a law that is in violation
      of the constitution? <br><br>The people who run the
      government don't really have the authority that they claim
      to have. If they make laws that violate the
      constitution then those laws are illegal laws and by them
      enforcing those laws on us they are basically holding us
      hostage. It's not any different than if some guy pointed a
      gun and told me to do somthing. I wouldn't feel any
      more morally obligated to obey him than I would the
      "government" if they made "laws" that are in violation of the
      constitution. Of course the thing that I have in mind is the
      fact that those anti-constitutionalists (democrats)
      want to take away our guns. So do you all think that
      it would be morally right to keep and bear arms even
      if there were "laws" made against it?<br><br>Now I
      have another question. And I'm not trying to bad mouth
      guns here. I'm just honestly seeking an answer to a
      question. I am by no means an anti-constitutionalist
      (democrat). My question is: does the Bible ever say anywhere
      that it's okay to kill someone in self defense?
      Everyone assumes that it's okay to kill in self defense
      but I did a study on it and couldn't find anything in
      the Bible to justify it. Everything I found on the
      subject of defense seemed to say to trust God to be your
      defense. <br><br>Cowboy Ben
    • James
      Message 3883 of 3883 , Oct 25, 2004
        --- In christianrepublicans@yahoogroups.com, slapsillyslim wrote:
        > Yes!!!! No More Gore<br><br> I thought that I had
        > about seen everything out<br>of this Clinton-Gore crowd
        > but then there's "Gore 2<br>Kicking and
        > Screaming".<br><br> Let us pray that something will be done
        > about<br>ru486 befor it goes over the counter. It is a human
        > pestacide.<br> I wish Mr. Bush the very best as he starts

        SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

        Mr. Bush did his best to help the right with his signature on the bill
        to ban the hienous practice of partial birth abortion. He did his best
        with trying to have marriage protected as a holy sacrament. He did his
        best with trying to appoint pro-life judges. He is doing his best with
        trying to rid the world of radical Islamic terrorists.

        He dared to draw a line in the sand and say " No more."

        Traitor kerry wants to fill in the line drawn by President Bush and to
        kow-tow to a un filled with thugs. The reason that Sad-dum could and
        did repeatedly thumb his nose at the un and 1441 was that he had them
        paid off. He used kick-backs from the Oil-for-food deal to have his
        way in spite of our best efforts to the contrary. Hell would have fro-
        zen over a foot thick before we would have gotten any help from them.

        Just as prayer worked to get ru-486 off the counter I pray now that we
        get the heck out of the un and get the un the heck out of the US.

        Four more years,
        James