EU states warned to accept same-sex marriage

  • Andrew Maul, PE
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2006
      This sickness is in Canada. It can happen here too. Be afraid, be very afraid of gay activism.

      EU states warned to accept same-sex marriage
      Catholic World News
      http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=41919
      Strasburg, Jan. 20 (CWNews.com) - The justice minister of the European Union, Franco Frattini, announced this week at the EU parliament in Strasburg that member states which do not eliminate all forms of discrimination against homosexuals, including the refusal to approve “marriage” and unions between same-sex couples, would be subject to sanctions and eventual expulsion from the EU.
      According to a report by the Archdioceses of Madrid’s news service Analisis Digital, the commissioner’s statements came as the governments of Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and Poland ruled against legalizing homosexual “marriage.”
      “Homophobia is a violation of human rights and we are watching member states on this issue and reporting on cases in which our efforts have been unsuccessful,” Fratti said. In this way “the Commission and the European Parliament seek to make any refusal to grant homosexual couples the same rights as a married couple a crime of ‘homophobia’,” the report warned.
      Frattini-- who was elected EU commissioner after the EU parliament rejected the nomination of the Catholic intellectual Rocco Buttiglione because of his opposition to homosexual unions-- has proposed “designating 2007 as the year of Equal Opportunity. The objectives would be to inform the public about their rights, promote diversity and, as a value of the Union, make this goal a priority.”
      Some EU parliamentarians demanded specific sanctions against states that do not follow the anti-discrimination law and refuse to call homosexual unions “marriage,” for example. Michael Cashman, President of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on Gay and Lesbian Rights, proposed expulsion from of the EU of those countries that “do not adhere to anti-discrimination legislation.”
      “If we do nothing we are accomplices in the crimes of violence that we see occurring in many member states,” said Cashman, who is also vice president of the organization Gay & Lesbian Humanists. The organization’s website says it is at war with “Catholic-inspired homophobia.”
      Nevertheless, reports Analisis Digital, these proposals have been contested by Polish EU representative Jan Tadeusz Masiel, who called the adoption of children by homosexual couples “repulsive” and “shocking.” Likewise, her fellow Polish EU representative, Barbara Kurdycka, said the EU Parliament had no business telling people what they should think about homosexuality.

    • GWMobile
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        There is something I have never understood.
        Preventing discrimination has it's moral basis in the idea that limiting
        someone because of something they can't control such as skin color is
        unfair. For this reason we don't say it is illegal to discriminate
        against people with long hair because they can cut it.

        Yet has there ever been any study that shows that homosexuality is
        something beyond one's control? I honestly don't know of any although
        several studies have tried to prove it, none that I know of have proven
        homosexuality is any more out of someone's control than is sleeping with
        your neighbor's wife. Some people may feel each urge more than others
        but that hardly makes it out of your control. Indeed even strong urges
        are rightfully and legally discriminated against (such as sleeping with
        every good looking person in your neighborhood.)

        I know of medical cases of people who have been born in very rare cases
        with both sex organs so perhaps biological reasons exist but has biology
        been proven as the major cause of homosexual behavior? We all meet
        people who are sometimes quite effeminate or masculine perhaps from
        hormone imbalance but that doesn't seem to be the case for most
        homosexuals I see these days. The effeminate man or butch woman no
        longer seems to be the majoroty of the people claiming to be
        homosexual.

        So how can it be called discriminatory if it hasn't been proven to be
        beyond someone's control? When did that legal leap of logic occur?

        I could see a freedom argument in law more than a discrimination
        argument yet discrimination is the argument more often used. (Perhaps
        because of the term "discrimination" and "bigot" s emotional appeal as
        well as it'a stigmatism of the accused.)

        Secondly, the legal basis society justified legal benefits like
        inheritance to marriage was because it was deemed in the public good to
        promote long term family relationships so ensure continued population of
        the nation. Does anyone know if a homosexual marriage has the same track
        record, if not isn't the attempt to define homosexual marriage as a
        legality equivelent to heterosexual marriage actually a defeat of
        original intent FOR the legal protection of marriage? If marriage
        becomes less about rasing kids and more just a word does society have
        any reason to offer it better legal status than just sleeping around?

        Again what do the studies show? Do homosexual pairings last and result
        in the rasing of the next generation for the nation through adoption or
        otherwise? If not why should society encourage that more than say a
        legal inheritance provison for your gardener?

        Why haven't proven studies of homosexual behavior being beyond a
        person's control been required by these courts in europe and elsewhere
        to include homosexuality in categories of discrimination and if not why
        not?

        What do the facts show on this issue?

        Is homosexuality something someone is actual'y forced into by their
        biology for the majority of the homosexuals? And does homosexual
        pairing result in the long term familial child raising stable
        relationship that governments sought to promote by granting legal
        benefits to BEING married in the first place?

        I never hear anyone actually talk about these legal issues which
        actually are at the core of the matter if you are making legal rather
        than religious arguments (which are necessary in most western
        governments.)

        Yet apparently legal adoption of these presumptions have been made.
        Where is the evidence for the presumption of it being defined as
        "discrimination"?

        On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 6:34 pm, Andrew Maul, PE wrote:
        > This sickness is in Canada. It can happen here too. Be afraid, be very
        > afraid of gay activism.
        >
        > EU states warned to accept same-sex marriage
        > Catholic World News
        > http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=41919
        > Strasburg, Jan. 20 (CWNews.com) - The justice minister of the
        > European Union, Franco Frattini, announced this week at the EU
        > parliament in Strasburg that member states which do not eliminate all
        > forms of discrimination against homosexuals, including the refusal to
        > approve “marriage” and unions between same-sex couples, would be
        > subject to sanctions and eventual expulsion from the EU.
        > According to a report by the Archdioceses of Madrid’s news service
        > Analisis Digital, the commissioner’s statements came as the
        > governments of Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and Poland ruled against
        > legalizing homosexual “marriage.”
        > “Homophobia is a violation of human rights and we are watching
        > member states on this issue and reporting on cases in which our efforts
        > have been unsuccessful,” Fratti said. In this way “the Commission
        > and the European Parliament seek to make any refusal to grant
        > homosexual couples the same rights as a married couple a crime of
        > ‘homophobia’,” the report warned.
        > Frattini-- who was elected EU commissioner after the EU parliament
        > rejected the nomination of the Catholic intellectual Rocco Buttiglione
        > because of his opposition to homosexual unions-- has proposed
        > “designating 2007 as the year of Equal Opportunity. The objectives
        > would be to inform the public about their rights, promote diversity
        > and, as a value of the Union, make this goal a priority.”
        > Some EU parliamentarians demanded specific sanctions against states
        > that do not follow the anti-discrimination law and refuse to call
        > homosexual unions “marriage,” for example. Michael Cashman,
        > President of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on Gay and Lesbian
        > Rights, proposed expulsion from of the EU of those countries that “do
        > not adhere to anti-discrimination legislation.”
        > “If we do nothing we are accomplices in the crimes of violence that
        > we see occurring in many member states,” said Cashman, who is also
        > vice president of the organization Gay & Lesbian Humanists. The
        > organization’s website says it is at war with “Catholic-inspired
        > homophobia.”
        > Nevertheless, reports Analisis Digital, these proposals have been
        > contested by Polish EU representative Jan Tadeusz Masiel, who called
        > the adoption of children by homosexual couples “repulsive” and
        > “shocking.” Likewise, her fellow Polish EU representative, Barbara
        > Kurdycka, said the EU Parliament had no business telling people what
        > they should think about homosexuality.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Live data resources
        For solar wind and earthquakes
        www.electricquakes.com
        For hurricanes and globalwarming
        www.globalboiling.com

        Typed from my mobile phone. Please excuse the typos!