Ridicule

  • Ogre
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2011
      Why is it that so many Christians feel that we pipe and cigar smokers are like drug lords? Many of the Christians I know that think pipes and cigars are awful, either smoke cigarettes or dip snuff themselves! This is just weird! Anyone else have this dilemma?
    • Randy W.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20, 2011
        I sometimes feel guilty about my pipe smoking, especially when you think about the, our bodies being the temple of God, and all of that. But the food we eat, the water coming out of our taps, the very air we breathe are all leading to our demise, not to mention that thing about the wages of sin. So my pipe smoking is another nail in the coffin so to speak, but the last time I checked, none of us in this current life is gonna live forever, so I'll enjoy my briar and favorite blend, as long as I'm able. I know this will probably come back to haunt me with some of the replies I might get here, but it's only my opinion, and I wasn't the one who asked the question. Good question though...

        Randy W.

        --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Ogre" <dieselbuzz@...> wrote:

        > Why is it that so many Christians feel that we pipe and cigar smokers are like drug lords? Many of the Christians I know that think pipes and cigars are awful, either smoke cigarettes or dip snuff themselves! This is just weird! Anyone else have this dilemma?

      • Doug
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 20, 2011
          If you really wanted to get technical about it, the very act of breathing is harmful to our health, due to pollution, etc. I have many, many sins that I am working on, and smoking is pretty far down on my list right now. As long as I smoke in moderation, I'm satisfied. My personal opinion is that God Himself enjoys a puff now and then to help Him cope with  all of the stupid things we do down here!

          Doug

          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain.
          Anon.

          I sometimes feel guilty about my pipe smoking, especially when you think about the, our bodies being the temple of God, and all of that. But the food we eat, the water coming out of our taps, the very air we breathe are all leading to our demise, not to mention that thing about the wages of sin. So my pipe smoking is another nail in the coffin so to speak, but the last time I checked, none of us in this current life is gonna live forever, so I'll enjoy my briar and favorite blend, as long as I'm able. I know this will probably come back to haunt me with some of the replies I might get here, but it's only my opinion, and I wasn't the one who asked the question. Good question though...

          Randy W.

          --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Ogre" <dieselbuzz@...> wrote:

          > Why is it that so many Christians feel that we pipe and cigar smokers are like drug lords? Many of the Christians I know that think pipes and cigars are awful, either smoke cigarettes or dip snuff themselves! This is just weird! Anyone else have this dilemma?

        • Truckpipe
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 23, 2011
            --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Ogre" <dieselbuzz@...> wrote:

            > Why is it that so many Christians feel that we pipe and cigar smokers are like drug lords? Many of the Christians I know that think pipes and cigars are awful, either smoke cigarettes or dip snuff themselves! This is just weird! Anyone else have this dilemma?

            I haven't gotten the same reaction as you describe. I don't think many of the Brother and Sisters I know, know I smoke a pipe except of course my close friends. they don't seem to mind. I do wonder if the kind of believers you ask about(cigs and dip) are reacting this way out of guilt? they think you should be guilty too? Perhaps they don't understand their own addiction to nicotine, which I feel is the main reason people still smoke cigarettes and dip. I don't "jones" for a pipe, though I like and desire it. I did "jones" all the time or a cig when trying to quit.
          • Ogre
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 25, 2011
              Good reply Randy. The last time I checked, the wages of sin is DEATH! Not pipe tobacco, LOL!