Where is everyone?

  • Reggie
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2010
      Has interest died among the members here? Have all of you stopped smoking your pipes?
      How about a topic for discussion.
      What is your favorite shape in pipes? How many of your favorite shapes do you have in your collection.
      My favorite shape(s) is bent Bulldogs and Rhodesians. About 40% of my collection is made up of one or the other of these shapes.

      Mel (mel51us)
    • Doug
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2010
        It really seems hard to generate interest in this group. I suspect most people belong to another (pipesmokers2) group, and just don't have the time to make duplicate responses to similar groups. As far as 'style' preference, I don't really have one. I used to prefer mainly full or half-bent large pipes, but now prefer more 'average' sized pipes. Although I smoke all kinds of pipes, I smoke my cobs most of all.
        Doug

        People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
        George Orwell

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 8, 2010
          This group was spun off into http://www.christianpipesmokers.net a few years ago, and at that poing this group pretty much dried up. Feel free to join up over there, though.

          --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Reggie" <mel51us@...> wrote:

          > Has interest died among the members here? Have all of you stopped smoking your pipes?
          > How about a topic for discussion.
          > What is your favorite shape in pipes? How many of your favorite shapes do you have in your collection.
          > My favorite shape(s) is bent Bulldogs and Rhodesians. About 40% of my collection is made up of one or the other of these shapes.
          >
          > Mel (mel51us)

        • stringsman61
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 8, 2010
            Hi Everyone,

            I smoke my pipes only occasionally, but I haven't stopped! I didn't even know there was another group, actually...

            I can't decide on ONE favorite shape, but I do have a few favoriteS... :)

            I love the Pot shape, and have a nice Kaywoodie Pot; the other straight shape I enjoy is Canadian, and my old Comoy serves well. I'm also fond of a 1/2 bent Billiard and any type of Apple shape. To be honest, my pipes have a wide range of shapes. I always lean toward traditional, and have very few free-hands. If it smokes well, I like it! :)

            I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian, if anyone is interested. As Orthodox Christians say, "Pray for me as I pray for you."

            Bruce

            --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Reggie" <mel51us@...> wrote:

            > Has interest died among the members here? Have all of you stopped smoking your pipes?
            > How about a topic for discussion.
            > What is your favorite shape in pipes? How many of your favorite shapes do you have in your collection.
            > My favorite shape(s) is bent Bulldogs and Rhodesians. About 40% of my collection is made up of one or the other of these shapes.
            >
            > Mel (mel51us)

          • Randy W.
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 20, 2011
              I like the bent apple shapes, though I have a Tom Howard Rhodesian that gets a workout now and then. I have about 50 straights and bents total. I probably smoke the bents more. I've been saving my money for a Peterson Rocky Donegal, and I'm looking forward to that purchase soon. Talk at you later.

              Randy W...

              --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Reggie" <mel51us@...> wrote:

              > Has interest died among the members here? Have all of you stopped smoking your pipes?
              > How about a topic for discussion.
              > What is your favorite shape in pipes? How many of your favorite shapes do you have in your collection.
              > My favorite shape(s) is bent Bulldogs and Rhodesians. About 40% of my collection is made up of one or the other of these shapes.
              >
              > Mel (mel51us)

            • Reggie
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 21, 2011
                Randy,
                I favor bent shapes over straight, although I do have several straight pipes.
                I have 2 Peterson Donegal Rockys and they both have smoked great from the first bowl.

                Mel (mel51us)