Re: New Member Gabe!

  • Gabe Angel
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
      Greetings Mitchell and All Others.  Lately I have been enjoying Da Vinci and Blue Note blends from a pipe shop in Homewood,AL called the Briary,  www.thebriary.com   These blends are realy mild and have a sweet taste and aroma to them,of course I am parial to sweeter tobacco blends. While I was at the briary last fridayI also had them introduce me to a blended mixture of Yorkshire and Creme Brulee(1to1 ratio),very nice and mild pleasant smoke.  I have thought about giving Dunhill Early Morning and Night Cap in the 50 gram tins  a try as well. Maybe someone here has tried these Dunhill's and could give me some feedback about them.  I have favored some cherry blends as well even mixed with other blends but no matter what the cherry leaves a sharp tongue bite so I've put cherry blends aside for now.  I've also been checking out some of the estate pipe and others as well on eBay seeing if there are some other pipes I'd like to add to my
      collection.  Found 1 vintage Thompson briar oom paul style pipe That should arrive later this week,  Cant wait to take my 1st puff on it.  Thanks for the Welcome and any suggestions on other blends to try.

    • mel51us
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
        Welcome to the group, Gabe.
        I have smoked Early Morning Pipe and enjoy it as a regular blend in
        my rotation. I haven't tried Night Cap. but I do have a tin of it
        aging. It was a Christmas present from one of my daughters, and I
        plan to open it on Christmas Eve.

        Mel (mel51us)

        --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, Gabe Angel
        <ci_stovenut@...> wrote:

        > Greetings Mitchell and All Others.  Lately I have been enjoying Da
        Vinci and Blue Note blends from a pipe shop in Homewood,AL called the
        Briary,  www.thebriary.com   These blends are realy mild and have a
        sweet taste and aroma to them,of course I am parial to sweeter
        tobacco blends. While I was at the briary last fridayI also had them
        introduce me to a blended mixture of Yorkshire and Creme Brulee(1to1
        ratio),very nice and mild pleasant smoke.  I have thought about
        giving Dunhill Early Morning and Night Cap in the 50 gram tins  a try
        as well. Maybe someone here has tried these Dunhill's and could give
        me some feedback about them.  I have favored some cherry blends as
        well even mixed with other blends but no matter what the cherry
        leaves a sharp tongue bite so I've put cherry blends aside for now.
        I've also been checking out some of the estate pipe and others as
        well on eBay seeing if there are some other pipes I'd like to add to
        my
        > collection.  Found 1 vintage Thompson briar oom paul style pipe
        That should arrive later this week,  Cant wait to take my 1st puff on
        it.  Thanks for the Welcome and any suggestions on other blends to
        try.

        > Gabe Angel, Founder of:
        www.thevintagecoffeemaker.ning.com

      • Steve Levins
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
          hi gabe. my name is steve nd im from the montgomery area and do all my buying from the briary also. I have tried the yorkshire and crème brulee. yorkshire was good but the crème was tooooo moist. as far as tins go. try "sweet kilarney" from peterson. its an excellent aromatic. now nightcap is going to be a stong english mixture....that means your wife or girlfriend is going to hate it but the taste is different and I love it. maybe before diving head first into english blends by going with nightcap, maybe you try the briarys "english aromatic". it has the latakia in it but the room note is more pleasant and its not as strong. hope this helps and maybe I will run into you one day in homewood.
          steve