Trying to spark some activity here

  • owias12
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2008
      Hey all. Noticed things here have been very quiet as of late.
      Thought I would pose a question to hopefully get some activity going.

      Do you all have a favorite tobacco that you like to smoke in the a.m.
      and p.m.? Do you have a favorite all day smoke?

      Currently I have three favorites that I like to rotate. In the a.m.
      I like to smoke 1-Q or a Cavendish I buy from a local tobacco shop. I
      don't know what it is about the 1Q, but I sure do enjoy it first thing
      in the morning while reading.

      In the p.m. I usually have Count Pulaski or Frog Morton, which I just
      purchased. I am just now trying the English blends. Being that I
      don't have much money to spend, I can only sample new tobaccos every
      now and again. I do enjoy the Frog Morton. Can't say at this point
      that I'm a big fan of English blends.
      I also just tried a VaP blend which reminded me of smoking a cigar. I
      think at this point, I'm more of an aromatic smoker.

      As far as an all day smoke, I usually can turn to the cavendish from
      my local tobacco shop.

      I really want to get into some burleys next. I prefer a tobacco that
      has a pleasant room note. Any suggestions for burleys that may fit
      this category?

      take care.

      owias
    • Randy Warren
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 17, 2008
        Hey Owias12,
        I too smoke the Lane Brand of 1Q. I also like Sir Walter Raleigh
        Aromatic, if it's fresh. I've found a tobacco store here in
        Indianapolis where I live. They have a wonderful supply of bulk
        blends, and after several purchases of their different offerings,
        I've found a few I really like. I too have found myself leaning more
        and more towards Burley tobaccos. One of the bulk blends the above
        mentioned store carries is called, Burley Delight. This stuff is
        really great, and always fresh. I did a Yellow Pages search of my
        surrounding areas and found several tobacco stores I didn't know
        existed. I found one in a neighboring town that carries some very
        nice pipes, at affordable prices. They even carry Clay Pipes. I've
        been wanting to try a Clay Pipe for quite some time. I've heard that
        they smoke very cool, something I like in a pipe. I've tried some
        tinned tobaccos of the Mac Baren brands, and haven't liked any of the
        blends I've purchased. They smoke too hot, and just don't have any
        flavor or nicotine kick to keep me interested. You didn't mention
        where you lived, so hopefully you have a decent tobacco store in your
        neck of the woods? If you find a tobacco you like, buy a bunch of it,
        and vacuume seal the stuff. I bought one of those little hand-held
        vacuume sealers that use pre-made baggies. I think it's made by
        Reynolds, and it's called, Handy-Vac. The unit was less than ten
        bucks and the bags are reusable for stuff like tobaccos. We also use
        it for freezing leftover food - (don't reuse the bags that had food
        in them), but it does do a great job on my tobaccos. If you're
        looking for some great pipes at great prices, you might give EBay a
        try. I bought a lot of my pipes on ebay, and some of them are really
        outstanding. Here's a link to another group which gets a lot of
        interaction,

        I've learned a lot from these groups. Hope to hear from you again
        sometime. Talk at you later.

        Randy W...

        --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "owias12" <owias12@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey all. Noticed things here have been very quiet as of late.
        > Thought I would pose a question to hopefully get some activity
        going.

        > Do you all have a favorite tobacco that you like to smoke in the
        a.m.
        > and p.m.? Do you have a favorite all day smoke?
        >
        > Currently I have three favorites that I like to rotate. In the
        a.m.
        > I like to smoke 1-Q or a Cavendish I buy from a local tobacco
        shop. I
        > don't know what it is about the 1Q, but I sure do enjoy it first
        thing
        > in the morning while reading.
        >
        > In the p.m. I usually have Count Pulaski or Frog Morton, which I
        just
        > purchased. I am just now trying the English blends. Being that I
        > don't have much money to spend, I can only sample new tobaccos every
        > now and again. I do enjoy the Frog Morton. Can't say at this point
        > that I'm a big fan of English blends.
        > I also just tried a VaP blend which reminded me of smoking a
        cigar. I
        > think at this point, I'm more of an aromatic smoker.
        >

        > As far as an all day smoke, I usually can turn to the cavendish from
        > my local tobacco shop.
        >
        > I really want to get into some burleys next. I prefer a tobacco
        that
        > has a pleasant room note. Any suggestions for burleys that may fit
        > this category?
        >
        > take care.
        >
        > owias

      • rod_13796
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2008
          Middleton's Apple tobacco in a Missouri Meerschaum corncob pipe.

          Simple and uncomplicated - and good smokin' anytime.
        • galaktek69
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2008
            That sounds good, I might have to go get myself some of that type.

            --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, rod_13796 <no_reply@...>