Five Finger Prayer

  • Sammy Shuford
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2007
      Sammy J. Shuford

      _____________________

      God loves you, and God loves me,

      Even if I do cause His Overtime!

      Subject: FW: Five Finger Prayer

      Five Finger Prayer

      This is so neat. I had never heard this before. This is beautiful - and it
      is surely worth making the 5 finger prayer a part of our lives.

      1. Your thumb is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those
      closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones
      is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a "sweet duty."

      2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach,
      instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need
      support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in
      your prayers.

      3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray
      for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators.
      These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's
      guidance.

      4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that
      this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should
      remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need
      your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.

      5. And lastly comes our little finger - the smallest finger of all which is
      where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible
      says, "The least shall be the greatest among you." Your pinkie should remind
      you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four
      groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be
      able to pray for yourself more effectively.

      If you decide to send this to a friend, you might brighten someone's day!
      Pass this on to someone special... I did.

      <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=99433> FREE Emoticons for your
      email - By IncrediMail! Click Here!

    • Steve Nash
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007