New Member Introduction

  • Bruce Wilkison
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      I am really pleased to find a list of Christian pipesmokers! I
      shouldn't be surprised, what with the legacy of JRR Tolkien and CS
      Lewis.

      My name is Bruce Wilkison, and I hail from hot and sunny Phoenix,
      Arizona. I am a music teacher at a Christian School in Gilbert, AZ,
      southeast of Phoenix. For 18 years I was a violinist in the Phoenix
      Symphony Orchestra, along with my wife, who is still in the PSO. I
      got a RAISE to become a school teacher, which should give you some
      idea about the PSO salary... :o) I am an Eastern Orthodox
      Christian, and choir director at my church, St. Ignatius Orthodox
      Christian Mission (www.saintig.org).

      I've been an off & on (mostly off) pipesmoker for 22 years, ever
      since I saw a photo of JRR Tolkien, pipe in mouth, on the back of my
      copy of "The Hobbit" in college. Recently I've been enjoying this
      hobby a bit more regularly, and decided to go looking for a Yahoo
      discussion list.

      I prefer traditional shapes in pipes, and at the moment favor lighter
      Virginia blends, particularly those of Danish tobacco blender Peter
      Stokkebye. I also enjoy the occasional adventure into English &
      Balkan blends, as well as pleasant-smelling aromatics.

      I'm 43 years old, married quite happily for almost 19 years, and have
      two girls ages 16 & 14, along with an extremely active 12-year-old
      boy.

      I am looking forward to getting to know you, through future posts, as
      well as perusing the archives. May God richly bless all of you!

      In Christ,

      Bruce
    • V....
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
        Bruce,
        Welcome to the group.. I haven't posted much here myself but can tell
        that it is a great bunch of people. Hope you enjoy your stay here...
        Vernon

        --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Wilkison"
        <bjwdad3140@e...> wrote:
        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I am really pleased to find a list of Christian pipesmokers! I
        > shouldn't be surprised, what with the legacy of JRR Tolkien and CS
        > Lewis.
        >
        > My name is Bruce Wilkison, and I hail from hot and sunny Phoenix,
        > Arizona. I am a music teacher at a Christian School in Gilbert,
        AZ,
        > southeast of Phoenix. For 18 years I was a violinist in the
        Phoenix
        > Symphony Orchestra, along with my wife, who is still in the PSO. I
        > got a RAISE to become a school teacher, which should give you some
        > idea about the PSO salary... :o) I am an Eastern Orthodox
        > Christian, and choir director at my church, St. Ignatius Orthodox
        > Christian Mission (www.saintig.org).
        >
        > I've been an off & on (mostly off) pipesmoker for 22 years, ever
        > since I saw a photo of JRR Tolkien, pipe in mouth, on the back of
        my
        > copy of "The Hobbit" in college. Recently I've been enjoying this
        > hobby a bit more regularly, and decided to go looking for a Yahoo
        > discussion list.
        >
        > I prefer traditional shapes in pipes, and at the moment favor
        lighter
        > Virginia blends, particularly those of Danish tobacco blender Peter
        > Stokkebye. I also enjoy the occasional adventure into English &
        > Balkan blends, as well as pleasant-smelling aromatics.
        >
        > I'm 43 years old, married quite happily for almost 19 years, and
        have
        > two girls ages 16 & 14, along with an extremely active 12-year-old
        > boy.
        >
        > I am looking forward to getting to know you, through future posts,
        as
        > well as perusing the archives. May God richly bless all of you!
        >
        > In Christ,
        >
        > Bruce
      • Bruce Wilkison
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2004
          <Goofsster@a...> wrote:

          > Bruce,
          > Welcome to the group...<snip>...it is a great bunch of people. Hope
          you enjoy your stay here...

          Thanks, Vernon!

          Bruce
        • Ron Gadzalinski
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2004
            Welcome to Christian pipesmokers Bruce!

            I'm 45 years old but I am a pipe smoking novice compared to you. I started this puffing hobby in April 1998. I also enjoy an ocassional premium cigar.

            I belong to Our Lady of Sorrows Church here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Catholic). I am an Eucharistic minister there and a member of the choir (the only tenor).

            I've been married since Sept. 1986 and have three children, ages 16, 14 (boys) and a 11-year-old daughter. However, my wife and I are soon to be divorced. I'll be living with my mother for awhile when I move out of the apartment. My mother, age 70, has cancer has it has recently spread to her brain. Her oncologist gives her about a year to live.

            I have 20 pipes now. I like traditional as well as unique bowls. I enjoy having a collection of many different shapes, sizes and styles of pipes. As far as tobacco goes, I also like a variety (and I currently have a tobacco stash of many varieties). My preferred tobaccos are Virginias, and VA blends. I also like light English blends (not too heavy with latakia). And I still enjoy puffing a good cavendish aromatic.

            Yours in Christ and the brotherhood of the briar,
            Ron

            P.S. I have a trip to sunny Arizona (Tucson) planned for the end of October (I have a friend there)

            Bruce Wilkison <bjwdad3140@...> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT