Ahh....the joy of pipe smoking freedom

  • Ron Gadzalinski
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2004
      Greetings to all,

      As many or mostof you are aware, I am not allowed to smoke in my
      apartment due to my family's opposition. With the exception of my
      13-year-old son, I live with family members that are anti-tobacco so
      I abide by the majority rule of "no smoking" in the apartment--
      unless, that is, I am alone here <VBG>.

      Last night was one of those rare opportunities where I had the place
      to myself. My wife, as usual, was out with her girlfriends at a
      karaoke club. My three kids were house and animal sitting overnight
      for my sister's family. And my oldest daughter moved into her own
      apartment. So around 9 pm I logged onto the computer, packed up a
      large pipe with a tobacco sample I had (any tobacco would have been
      fine except those with latakia), and I puffed away to my heart's
      content while reading emails and chatting with online friends (most
      of which were also pipe smokers). Man...was this liberating and
      wonderful!! For the next four hours, I smoked 3 full large bowls
      and I was as happy as a pig in mud! I did consider lighting up a
      cigar also....but I didn't want to push my luck. I knew the cigar
      smell (which doesn't dissipate like the pipe smoke) would give me
      away. I went to bed at 1:30 am.

      But that's not the end of the story...

      I woke up the next morning at 7:45 am for church. I woke up in an
      empty bed. My wife didn't come home but sometimes she does spend
      the night with her friend when she has too much to drink. I thought
      to myself "wow, I still have the place to myself." So, with an evil
      grin, I poured myself a large mug of coffee (in my YPSC mug) and I
      lit up a pipe while drinking it in the kitchen (I opened the window
      for ventilation). It felt and tasted so good. What a special treat!

      I'm still home alone and I'm thinking of lighting up another pipe on
      the balcony. This is a taste of the way things will be when I'm
      divorced and I'm living alone.

      -Ron
    • arpie55
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2004
        ron,
        i used to be able to smoke in the house until my son Russell was
        born. he has downs syndrome and was a couple of months premi with
        some health complications so that when he came home it required
        bottled oxygen in the house. oxygen and flame can be dangerous. he is
        three and half years old now and i have learned to appreciate my
        opportunities to smoke on a walk, in transit to and from work, on the
        golf course, or while working in the yard. every once in a while the
        urge to smoke in the house strikes me but i refrain out of
        consideration for my wife and four children. my pipes are important
        to me but relationships are even more important. before my current
        marriage i was married to someone that had to always go out and
        party. i am not much of a partier so she often called me a stick in
        the mud- among other things. your comment about divorce reminds me of
        that relationship- i wish we both had been more committed to one
        another and to doing God's will. i pray that your marriage has a
        better outcome than mine did, if not, i pray that God will take care
        of you and bless you with as good a helper as He has me in my lovely
        wife. we celebrated our tenth anniversary april 2nd. she has bought
        me many very nice pipes over the years and supports my hobbie.

        happy marriage and happy smoking- if i had to chose one over the
        other i would chose the happy marriage- i know that's not the core
        issue- in fact when i was faced with living alone i found that my
        pipes were little comfort- happiness is temporary- joy is eternal

        estorica kingston in a larsen

        --- In christianpipesmokers@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Gadzalinski"
        <rongadz59@y...> wrote:
        > Greetings to all,
        >
        > As many or mostof you are aware, I am not allowed to smoke in my
        > apartment due to my family's opposition. With the exception of my
        > 13-year-old son, I live with family members that are anti-tobacco
        so
        > I abide by the majority rule of "no smoking" in the apartment--
        > unless, that is, I am alone here <VBG>.
        >
        > Last night was one of those rare opportunities where I had the
        place
        > to myself. My wife, as usual, was out with her girlfriends at a
        > karaoke club. My three kids were house and animal sitting
        overnight
        > for my sister's family. And my oldest daughter moved into her own
        > apartment. So around 9 pm I logged onto the computer, packed up a
        > large pipe with a tobacco sample I had (any tobacco would have been
        > fine except those with latakia), and I puffed away to my heart's
        > content while reading emails and chatting with online friends (most
        > of which were also pipe smokers). Man...was this liberating and
        > wonderful!! For the next four hours, I smoked 3 full large bowls
        > and I was as happy as a pig in mud! I did consider lighting up a
        > cigar also....but I didn't want to push my luck. I knew the cigar
        > smell (which doesn't dissipate like the pipe smoke) would give me
        > away. I went to bed at 1:30 am.
        >
        > But that's not the end of the story...
        >
        > I woke up the next morning at 7:45 am for church. I woke up in an
        > empty bed. My wife didn't come home but sometimes she does spend
        > the night with her friend when she has too much to drink. I
        thought
        > to myself "wow, I still have the place to myself." So, with an
        evil
        > grin, I poured myself a large mug of coffee (in my YPSC mug) and I
        > lit up a pipe while drinking it in the kitchen (I opened the window
        > for ventilation). It felt and tasted so good. What a special
        treat!

        > I'm still home alone and I'm thinking of lighting up another pipe
        on
        > the balcony. This is a taste of the way things will be when I'm
        > divorced and I'm living alone.
        >
        > -Ron
      • Chris McKenzie
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2004
          My best friends wife just left for a summer missions program and so
          he put on a poker night. At the beginning of the evening I went
          outside on the back porch for a smoke and as he and few guys watched
          a lightbulb went off in his head, "My wife is gone for quite a
          while, we can smoke INSIDE..." So he told me to come on in and it
          was great. It was awesome to be able to sit down with all the fellas
          and share in a pipe and cigar smoke. We smoked all night as we
          played cards...what a great night...

          Chris

          <rongadz59@y...> wrote:
          > Greetings to all,
          >
          > As many or mostof you are aware, I am not allowed to smoke in my
          > apartment due to my family's opposition. With the exception of my
          > 13-year-old son, I live with family members that are anti-tobacco
          so
          > I abide by the majority rule of "no smoking" in the apartment--
          > unless, that is, I am alone here <VBG>.
          >
          > Last night was one of those rare opportunities where I had the
          place
          > to myself. My wife, as usual, was out with her girlfriends at a
          > karaoke club. My three kids were house and animal sitting
          overnight
          > for my sister's family. And my oldest daughter moved into her own
          > apartment. So around 9 pm I logged onto the computer, packed up a
          > large pipe with a tobacco sample I had (any tobacco would have
          been
          > fine except those with latakia), and I puffed away to my heart's
          > content while reading emails and chatting with online friends
          (most
          > of which were also pipe smokers). Man...was this liberating and
          > wonderful!! For the next four hours, I smoked 3 full large bowls
          > and I was as happy as a pig in mud! I did consider lighting up a
          > cigar also....but I didn't want to push my luck. I knew the cigar
          > smell (which doesn't dissipate like the pipe smoke) would give me
          > away. I went to bed at 1:30 am.
          >
          > But that's not the end of the story...
          >
          > I woke up the next morning at 7:45 am for church. I woke up in an
          > empty bed. My wife didn't come home but sometimes she does spend
          > the night with her friend when she has too much to drink. I
          thought
          > to myself "wow, I still have the place to myself." So, with an
          evil
          > grin, I poured myself a large mug of coffee (in my YPSC mug) and I
          > lit up a pipe while drinking it in the kitchen (I opened the
          window
          > for ventilation). It felt and tasted so good. What a special
          treat!

          > I'm still home alone and I'm thinking of lighting up another pipe
          on
          > the balcony. This is a taste of the way things will be when I'm
          > divorced and I'm living alone.
          >
          > -Ron
        • Ron Gadzalinski
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2004
            That does sound really great Chris. I don't play poker but there is a real appeal to play cards with a good bunch of guys while smoking pipes and cigars. That's a good "boys night out" for me. Even better if it happens IN MY OWN PLACE! <VBG>

            -Ron