Re: [Christian Pipe Smokers] New to the Community

  • Tony McCallie
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      Welcome to the group c.s.!
      It sounds like your pipe is a Peterson. They are made in Ireland and have
      been around for quite some time, see a history here
      (http://store.pipesandcigars.com/petersonstory.html)

      The band is either nickel or silver. If it is silver, than the markings
      will actually tell you how lod the pipe is. There is a chart here
      (http://web2.iadfw.net/epr065/peterson/html/dating.html) If it is nickel,
      it is hard to say.

      I have a Peterson System 305 Rusticated that I love. They make really good
      pipes except for the fact that they fail the pipe cleaner test :(

      Many blessings to you c.s.
      Tony
      --
      Tony McCallie
      Blue Dog Technologies

      <quote who="aslanproductions">

      > Hello all,
      >
      > I've just recently joined you here and now would like to make my presence
      > known, also I have a
      > few questions. :)
      >
      > My name is Brandon, I'm a college student in Washington State and have
      > enjoyed pipe
      > smoking off and on for the last 5 years or so. I just recently purchased
      > a pipe from an estate
      > sale on ebay and it's my first "real" pipe. Before this I have
      > just smoked clay pipes, I started
      > smoking a pipe as a Civil War Reenactor when I lived in Texas several
      > years ago.
      >
      > The pipe has a metal band that is stamped with 3 small images and the
      > maker's mark "K & P."
      > These are my questions:
      >
      > 1) the pipe needs cleaning any suggestions or tricks or methods that will
      > protect it but get it
      > clean. I'm gonna go to a smoke shop in the next couple of days, but I'd
      > like to get some
      > suggestions first.
      >
      > 2) does anybody know of a resouce where I could find out more about my
      > pipe, i.e. its maker,
      > age, value, etc? I think I ended up paying "too much" for it on
      > ebay, but it's 'irishness' holds
      > special value to me that makes it worth the price I paid.
      >
      > I'm looking forward to growing in Christ and enjoying pipe-lore with you
      > all.
      >
      > in Christ
      > brandon
      > "c.s." (as my friends call me)
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • aslanproductions
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hello all,

      • esparzacorderos@juno.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          Hello C.S,

          Welcome to the group, you will find a bunch of good guys here. Your pipe is a Peterson's and the three little marks are the Hallmarks required by the U.K. for Silver authentication. Look up Peterson's on the web to find your exact pipe. As far as cleaning goes, try to usegrain alcohol for the inside of the bowl and airway and lots of pipe cleaners until they come out clean. For the outside, I use "Briar Wipe" be sure to follow the instructions on the can carefully or you will remove your finish. Hope that helps...

          In Christ,

          Neoreformer