Re: [Christian Fiction Writer] How'd literacy Day go?

  • b.r.stormer@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2003
      Rosalind Stormer

      I went to the Sam's Club and Wal-Mart in Cincinnati, Ohio. The day before I
      received an email alerting me that instead of being able to promote your own
      books, you would be required to read from the Bunny Book. So I called the local
      stores and was told that the Bunny Book wouldn't be long and I would still be
      able to promote my own book. However, upon my arrival I was told that the
      mandate stated that only the Bunny Book could be read. Still, I made the best
      of it as it was still free publicity and helped me to gain familiarity within
      the community. The kids were wonderful, they really enjoyed it, and the
      manager? the one who told me that I could read from my book took a week's
      vacation and was not on the premises. Oh well, such is life, but I doubt I
      would deal with Wal-Mart again, if they're not going to be forthright and
      honest.

      --
      Rosalind Stormer
      Heavenly Bound Publishing Co.