Christmas

  • angel_of_clay
    Message 1 of 490 , Dec 1, 2000
      As the wonderful day of Christmas nears and
      everyone is buying gifts, who all is giving someone a
      piece of their work? I know that a lot of people run
      out and buy department store gifts, but has the
      special meaning of homemade gifts been lost completely?
      For the past two years, homemade gifts is what I have
      given. Although a few younger people I know, don't enjoy
      something that isn't brand named, everyone else has really
      loved it. This year will be no different. My gifts are
      once again homemade. I went craft store shopping for a
      little more supplies and I am ready. Okay, enough of my
      writing. God Bless and an early Merry Christmas to y'all!
    • leefstrong
      Message 490 of 490 , Mar 19, 2002
        Ever tried "A Canticle for Leibowitz"? Catholic in orientation (in
        case you find that a problem - I don't), but well done.

        There's also a friend of C.S. Lewis named Charles Williams. He
        influenced Lewis (you can see the changes as the space
        trilogy developed, particulalry in the last book, "That Hideous
        Strength.") Williams was never as popular as Lewis and their buddy
        Tolkein, and he is a tougher read, but he might be of interest.

        Good luck!