Hi all

  • oreoblues@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Well I got a letter from the agency saying that they must decline seeing my
      novel. They say that obviously they can't tell about a story by a mere query
      and synopsis but ...

      The funny thing is I knew I would get it today. I was in such a bad state,
      very weepy and upset about something and rejections always come on days I
      feel utterly weepy. The other funny thing is that it made me commit to
      sending the book to a christian agent/publisher. The book is christian. I've
      got to admit that. What esle can be done? And most regular publishing
      houses and regular agents won't touch christian stuff. So will send it out
      to the writers edge. In the meantime, will work on editing and revising the
      romance story. My mainstream novel. Because the end of that contest is near.
      And that story might also fit into christian romance. Am Praying that I get
      an agent who works with the christian market who wants to tackle racism in a
      scifii setting.

      Am not sad about this...it helps me write more to the christian market...the
      book is obviously about racism in the church and about spirituality so this
      frees me. Will work on my mainstream roamnce novel for the time being. Love
      --Carole

    • spec_chum42
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2002
        Hi Carole.

        Interesting to note you've done the exact opposite to me... I've been
        trying to market my novel to Christian publishers as it has always
        been a Christian novel (in my mind at least) but I'm lately
        considering trying a secular sf publisher or two, although I suspect
        this may require toning down the spiritual elements of the story,
        which I don't want to do.

        That's it.

        Steve

      • oreoblues@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14, 2003
          Sent off the novel --The Daughters of Men-- to Baen Books. Say a little
          prayer for me, it, Christian scifi writers. -Thanks, would soo appreciate.
          -Carole

          Carole McDonnell <><-- Prayer, Patience, Postage, Persistence
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Christianfantasysciencefiction