A poem

  • angel_of_clay
    Message 1 of 490 , May 1, 2001
      "Something More"- Traveling down the dusty
      road,<br> My back is aching from the heavy load.<br> My
      body says give up but my heart says no.<br> For all my
      troubles and strife I've got nothing to show.<br> Life's
      been hard this year<br> It's been hard to let anyone
      near.<br> I never knew that being alone was so hard,<br> It
      feels like I stepped on a glass shard.<br> I didn't
      know walking away from God was like this,<br> I feel
      like I've been thrown into a dark abyss.<br> After all
      I've said and done<br> And I've had my so called
      fun,<br> My heart is tried and sore,<br> I still long for
      something more.
    • leefstrong
      Message 490 of 490 , Mar 19, 2002
        Ever tried "A Canticle for Leibowitz"? Catholic in orientation (in
        case you find that a problem - I don't), but well done.

        There's also a friend of C.S. Lewis named Charles Williams. He
        influenced Lewis (you can see the changes as the space
        trilogy developed, particulalry in the last book, "That Hideous
        Strength.") Williams was never as popular as Lewis and their buddy
        Tolkein, and he is a tougher read, but he might be of interest.

        Good luck!