Old Testament Space Opera

  • Steve Trower
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi,

      Some of you might remember that this is the affectionate name I've
      given to my sub-genre of Christian science fiction, but I was
      wondering whether it gives the right impression to use it officially
      (on the website, book covers etc).

      Anyone want to share their thoughts, what they'd expect to be
      reading if they picked up an Old Testament Space Opera, etc.?

      Thanks,

      Steve
    • oreoblues@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        christianfictionwriter@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > Anyone want to share their thoughts, what they'd expect to be
        > reading if they picked up an Old Testament Space Opera, etc.?

        I'd think that you had taken the old characters and situations in the Old
        Testament and spec-ficed them.

        -C

        Carole McDonnell <>< <>< <>< Prayer, Patience, Postage, Persistence
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Christianfantasysciencefiction

      • Steve Trower
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2004
          Couldn't have said it better myself... I knew I could count on a
          fellow sf writer to get it right though - lots of others seem to be
          a bit confused.

          I think it sounds a bit too much fun, and may be misinterpreted as a
          comedy rather than straight Christian sf. Finding a decent strapline
          is harder than writing a novel!

          Steve