Bookmanmarketing

  • Nancy Sonneman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2003
      Hi, Everyone;

      Has anyone ever heard of bookmanmarketing.com? I got an e-mail this morning
      from brien jones, author consultant, complete with phone number, fax number,
      e-mail and website. I have yet to respond as I want to know if this is just
      spam, a scam, or both. Brien Jones says that he is the only company in the
      industry contacting independent bookstore owners and selling books. Self
      published, subisidy publisher, or POD, he will sell the book without
      reprinting or republishing with his company. I'm skepitcal. Has anyone
      else gotten this e-mail or used this service? Is this a scam or on the
      up-and-up?

      Thanks;
      God's many blessings;

      Nancy S.

    • Donna Conger
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2003
        Hi Nancy, Bookman Marketing has been inundating me with emails. I have four accounts, two of them business accounts, and I get them there too. When I sent my book in for copyright, that's when it began. I checked them out with BBB, and there have been no complaints about the business, but I still can't afford the $450 fee! I think they are probably okay, but they just charge TOO much, like their recent "offer" to cut through the hassle of red tape and process the copyright for me, for a mere $75! It costs me $30 and takes about two minutes to fill out the paperwork! I don't know anyone else who has used them. Most writers prefer to do their own leg work. Hope that helps. Hey, did my Amtrak info help at all? Was that you that asked? God bless! Donna

        Nancy Sonneman <nas478@...> wrote:Hi, Everyone;

        Has anyone ever heard of bookmanmarketing.com? I got an e-mail this morning
        from brien jones, author consultant, complete with phone number, fax number,
        e-mail and website. I have yet to respond as I want to know if this is just
        spam, a scam, or both. Brien Jones says that he is the only company in the
        industry contacting independent bookstore owners and selling books. Self
        published, subisidy publisher, or POD, he will sell the book without
        reprinting or republishing with his company. I'm skepitcal. Has anyone
        else gotten this e-mail or used this service? Is this a scam or on the
        up-and-up?

        Thanks;
        God's many blessings;

        Nancy S.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Donna Conger
        Please visit my website for information on my novels and how they may be purchasedhttp://inspirationplace.tripod.com

      • Nancy Sonneman
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2003
          $450? That's outrageous!!!! I barely make that much per month on my
          disability!

          God's many blessings;

          Nancy S.