- This is volunteer stuff but thought it would be interesting to learn how
grants work. -Carole
ADULTS: Would you like to learn how the grant selection
process works? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
National 4-H Council is seeking judges for the 2003 Literacy
Education/Youth Leadership Grant funded by Bridgestone/
Firestone Trust Fund and Firestone Agricultural Tire Company.
Serving on the judging panel is a great way to educate yourself
on the grant writing and evaluation process. We would very
much appreciate your time and efforts in this process.
Judges read through all submitted grants and score them.
They MUST be available on Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 1 p.m.
EDT for the judging conference call. Each conference call
will be approximately 2-3 hours to discuss scores and give
awards. To volunteer as a judge, please contact Diana Friedman
(dfriedman@...) ASAP with the following
2. State whether you are a youth (age 21 or under) or adult.
3. Professional title, employer.
4. List applicable volunteer position(s) and/or participation
in community/professional organizations.
5. If student, please list your year in school, major, and
6. Address (if you have a box number, please also include a
7. Phone number.
8. E-mail address.
9. Fax number.
10. Indicate how you heard about this opportunity and why you
11. BRIEFLY tell us something about your background that you
feel would make you a valuable member of the judging panel.
12. Designate if you will be available on for a 2-3 hour
conference call at the designated time?
PLEASE NOTE: If your group is currently applying for this grant,
you are NOT eligible.
Applicants will be notified only if they are chosen to serve on
the judging panel. For more information on our grant programs,
go to www.grants.n4h.org or contact Diana Friedman, program
coordinator, at dfriedman@... or 301/961-2819.
Carole McDonnell <><-- Prayer, Patience, Postage, Persistence
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]