      From: Donna Conger [mailto:treszure7@...]
      Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 12:01 PM
      To: christianfictionwriter@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Christian Fiction Writer] Bookmanmarketing

      Hi Nancy, Bookman Marketing has been inundating me with emails. I have four
      accounts, two of them business accounts, and I get them there too. When I
      sent my book in for copyright, that's when it began. I checked them out with
      BBB, and there have been no complaints about the business, but I still can't
      afford the $450 fee! I think they are probably okay, but they just charge
      TOO much, like their recent "offer" to cut through the hassle of red tape
      and process the copyright for me, for a mere $75! It costs me $30 and takes
      about two minutes to fill out the paperwork! I don't know anyone else who
      has used them. Most writers prefer to do their own leg work. Hope that
      helps. Hey, did my Amtrak info help at all? Was that you that asked? God
      bless! Donna

      Nancy Sonneman <nas478@...> wrote:Hi, Everyone;

      Has anyone ever heard of bookmanmarketing.com? I got an e-mail this morning
      from brien jones, author consultant, complete with phone number, fax number,
      e-mail and website. I have yet to respond as I want to know if this is just
      spam, a scam, or both. Brien Jones says that he is the only company in the
      industry contacting independent bookstore owners and selling books. Self
      published, subisidy publisher, or POD, he will sell the book without
      reprinting or republishing with his company. I'm skepitcal. Has anyone
      else gotten this e-mail or used this service? Is this a scam or on the
      up-and-up?

      Thanks;
      God's many blessings;

      Nancy S.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Donna Conger
      Please visit my website for information on my novels and how they may be
      purchasedhttp://inspirationplace.tripod.com