Re: AWWY - \"Brighter Skies Ahead\" (#4292)

  • FRITZC_77@pocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2003
      <----- Original Text ----->
      A Word With You <awwy@...> wrote :

      A WORD WITH YOU
      By Ron Hutchcraft
      #4292 - "Brighter Skies Ahead"
      Psalm 30:5

      Listen with RealAudio!
      http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/sounds/awwy/awwy4292.ram

      It was April in the mountains of the West - which means you can experience any
      and all of the four seasons during one trip. We had actually started our
      journey in warm temperatures, but by the time we hit that mountain pass, it
      started to snow - I mean the thick, big flakes kind of snow. All of us actually
      started singing Christmas carols, even though it was just a few days before
      Easter. We were racing a deadline, so the snow was a mixed blessing. It was
      incredibly beautiful, but it was almost blinding at times, making our trip
      slower and more treacherous. And then we saw it: a thin line of sunshine
      between the bottom of the snow clouds and the tops of the mountains ahead. And
      we were excited because that was our future.

      Well, I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about
      "Brighter Skies Ahead."

      It was tough driving, and the journey was getting more difficult and more
      dangerous. But we were okay with that because we knew there were brighter skies
      ahead. And soon we actually were basking in sunshine everywhere.

      It could be that you're driving a stretch in your life-journey right now that
      is pretty rough. You're getting tired of how hard it is to keep moving. You're
      anxious about what could happen and wondering how long it's going to be like
      this. You need to see some sunshine. And there is some. I love this simple
      reassurance of Psalm 30:5, our word for today from the Word of God, where He
      says, "Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." The
      Bible never denies that we will have seasons of hurt and weeping - but God
      wants us to see the sun beneath the clouds ahead. It won't always be this way.
      He promises that. He says that after tears in the night, there will be joy in
      the morning.

      My wife was driving when we hit that heavy snow in the mountains. But when she
      saw that line of sunlight ahead, she said, "If I knew I had to drive like this
      all night, it would be tough. But I know there's better road ahead." That is
      God's guarantee for every child of His. Whenever I think I've got a heavy
      burden, it helps me to think about the load the Apostle Paul carried -
      shipwrecks, beatings, imprisonments, rejection, death threats. Major storms.
      Perilous journey.

      But he said, "We do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet
      inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles
      are achieving for us an eternal weight of glory that far outweighs them all."
      Paul calls all those painful times "light and momentary" - even though he's in
      the middle of some of that pain. He's comparing it to the sunshine ahead,
      knowing that compared to how good and how long the good times are going to be,
      this junk is light and momentary. So, he says, "we fix our eyes not on what is
      seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen
      is eternal." Temporary. This too shall pass. And the day on the other side of
      this night is going to be awesome!

      The difference is what you choose to fix your eyes on. If you focus on the
      storm you're in, you'll lose hope. You'll give up. But if you keep your eyes on
      the sun on the horizon - the rewards for your faithfulness, the deepening of
      your relationship with your Lord, the better thing God will give you in place
      of what you have lost - then there will be joy in this journey. So, keep on
      driving. Drive carefully and look down the road at the beauty that's on ahead.
      For just like us on that snowy, stormy day, you'll soon be celebrating a break
      in the clouds and a day that is flooded with glorious sunlight. No matter how
      dark it looks now, there are brighter skies ahead!
      Discuss today's "A Word With You," post your comments, or encourage others in
      our discussion forum!
      http://forums.gospelcom.net/view/rhm/awwy

      To find out how you can begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please
      visit YOURS FOR LIFE: HOW TO HAVE LIFE'S MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP at:
      http://www.yoursforlife.net
      Or, call 1-888-NEED HIM.

      "A Word With You" by Ron Hutchcraft is a daily radio challenge, with
      slice-of-life illustrations and insights - providing practical help on the
      issues that matter most. If your local Christian radio station does not air "A
      Word With You," please let them know how much you value this program. Over six
      years of transcripts are available online, at http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/awwy/

      Ron Hutchcraft Ministries is a member of the Gospel Communications Network - http://www.gospelcom.net

      "A Word With You" is a production of:

      Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.
      http://www.gospelcom.net/rhm/
      Email: RHM@...

      Copyright (c) 2003, Ron Hutchcraft. Permission to distribute this material via
      email, or individual copies, is automatically granted on the condition it will
      be used for non-commercial purposes, and will not be sold. To reproduce "A Word
      With You" transcripts in any other format, including Internet websites, written
      permission is needed from Ron Hutchcraft.

      Copyright (c) 2003, Ron Hutchcraft. Reprinted with permission. "A Word With
      You" is a radio outreach of Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

      To subscribe to "A Word With You," send a blank email to:
      awordwithyou-subscribe@...

      email address (fritzc_77@...)
      and select "Unsubscribe" from the pulldown menu.

      Christopher Fritz