Google glasses

  • John McKown
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2012
      Google is (claimed to be) working on display glasses

      Give me a call, Sergey, if you'd like to add a really cool keyboard :-)
    • John McKown
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 19, 2012
        Today Slashdot referenced this bizarre story in which cyborg wannabe Prof. Steve Mann gets thrown out of a French McDonald's for wearing display glasses.

         I confess I find it all a little funny, probably due to psychic scarring during my long history as a grad student. :-)  IMHO the bizarrest part is that his "glass" (since it covers only one eye) is "permanently attached and does not come off [his] skull without special tools."

        Surely that, for most of us, is going way too far.
      • John McKown
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2012
          I think to get the right page of Mann's blog you need this:

          http://eyetap.blogspot.com/2012/07/physical-assault-by-mcdonalds-for.html