Re: [Chipmunk Basic Forum] Re: Documentation

  • Paul Doudna
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 17, 2012
      On Mar 14, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Gary wrote:

      > I wouldn't mind having one! I learned BASIC with Texas Instruments TI-99/4A WAY back when, and I always have problems finding PIECES of docs for CB. What do I need to do?
      > .

      *************

      Hi Gary,

      I hope you find this useful. Let me know if there are errors or other problems. I will correct them in the next version.

      Paul

    • Ronald
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 26, 2012
        I uploaded the Chipmunk BASIC manual and a copy of the original 1964 Dartmouth BASIC manual to the files section.

        Ron

        --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, Paul Doudna <pdoudna@...> wrote:

        > I recently joined chipmunkbasicforum group. When I discovered Chipmunk Basic some time ago, I thought it looked very promising. My only problem was the documentation, which appeared to be rather disorganized.
        >
        > I like to have printed documentation. I also like to have the latest documentation presented in a single location. Relying on a number of sources, I created my own documentation. It involved consolidating, formatting, and editing the various sources.
        >
        > I have used several BASIC interpreters in the past, when BASIC came with the computer. I am not an expert on Chipmunk Basic. Also I did not attempt to include everything -- just the basics. I call my documentation "Basic Basic". The result is a 42-page document.
        >
        > Here is a list of the sections:
        >
        > Documentation Sources, Description, Conventions, Chipmunk Menu, Operators, Reserved Words & Symbols, Program Commands, Console Window, Assignment, Termination, Conditionals, Loops, Transfer Control, Numeric Functions, String Functions, Numeric String Functions, String Numeric Functions, Dynamic Storage, Matrices, Print Output, Keyboard Input, Files Input & Output, Read Data, Clipboard, Errors, Internal Stack, Define Functions, Memory Address, Graphics Window, Graphics Drawing, Graphics Color, Graphics Text, Graphics Buttons, Graphics Sprites, Custom Menu, Sound, Mouse.
        >
        > If anyone is interested, they may request a free PDF copy.
        >
        > Paul Doudna

      • Mickey Sadler
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 26, 2012
          I would like a copy to, please.

          Thanks,

          Mickey

          > > --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, Paul Doudna
          > <pdoudna@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I recently joined chipmunkbasicforum group. When I discovered
          > Chipmunk Basic some time ago, I thought it looked very promising. My
          > only problem was the documentation, which appeared to be rather
          > disorganized.
          > > >
          > > > I like to have printed documentation. I also like to have the
          > latest documentation presented in a single location. Relying on a
          > number of sources, I created my own documentation. It involved
          > consolidating, formatting, and editing the various sources.
          > > >
          > > > I have used several BASIC interpreters in the past, when BASIC
          > came with the computer. I am not an expert on Chipmunk Basic. Also I
          > did not attempt to include everything -- just the basics. I call my
          > documentation "Basic Basic". The result is a 42-page document.
          > > >
          > > > Here is a list of the sections:
          > > >
          > > > Documentation Sources, Description, Conventions, Chipmunk Menu,
          > Operators, Reserved Words & Symbols, Program Commands, Console Window,
          > Assignment, Termination, Conditionals, Loops, Transfer Control,
          > Numeric Functions, String Functions, Numeric String Functions, String
          > Numeric Functions, Dynamic Storage, Matrices, Print Output, Keyboard
          > Input, Files Input & Output, Read Data, Clipboard, Errors, Internal
          > Stack, Define Functions, Memory Address, Graphics Window, Graphics
          > Drawing, Graphics Color, Graphics Text, Graphics Buttons, Graphics
          > Sprites, Custom Menu, Sound, Mouse.
          > > >
          > > > If anyone is interested, they may request a free PDF copy.
          > > >
          > > > Paul Doudna

        • Ronald
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 26, 2012
            Paul,

            I uploaded to the chipmunkbasicforum Files Section the Chipmunk Basic manual I have and a copy of the original 1964 Dartmouth BASIC manualin text-searchable format.

            Ron

            --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, Paul Doudna <pdoudna@...> wrote:

            > I recently joined chipmunkbasicforum group. When I discovered Chipmunk Basic some time ago, I thought it looked very promising. My only problem was the documentation, which appeared to be rather disorganized.
            >
            > I like to have printed documentation. I also like to have the latest documentation presented in a single location. Relying on a number of sources, I created my own documentation. It involved consolidating, formatting, and editing the various sources.
            >
            > I have used several BASIC interpreters in the past, when BASIC came with the computer. I am not an expert on Chipmunk Basic. Also I did not attempt to include everything -- just the basics. I call my documentation "Basic Basic". The result is a 42-page document.
            >
            > Here is a list of the sections:
            >
            > Documentation Sources, Description, Conventions, Chipmunk Menu, Operators, Reserved Words & Symbols, Program Commands, Console Window, Assignment, Termination, Conditionals, Loops, Transfer Control, Numeric Functions, String Functions, Numeric String Functions, String Numeric Functions, Dynamic Storage, Matrices, Print Output, Keyboard Input, Files Input & Output, Read Data, Clipboard, Errors, Internal Stack, Define Functions, Memory Address, Graphics Window, Graphics Drawing, Graphics Color, Graphics Text, Graphics Buttons, Graphics Sprites, Custom Menu, Sound, Mouse.
            >
            > If anyone is interested, they may request a free PDF copy.
            >
            > Paul Doudna

          • Paul Doudna
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 28, 2012