Upcoming lecture by the inventor of BASIC

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2012
      I run the Vintage Computer Festival East. I'd like to tell your members about the 2012 edition (which is non-profit.) This year's keynoter is Dr. Thomas Kurtz who invented BASIC.
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2012
        --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, "ekoblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

        > I run the Vintage Computer Festival East. I'd like to tell your members about the 2012 edition (which is non-profit.) This year's keynoter is Dr. Thomas Kurtz who invented BASIC.

        Man, I'd like to go to that! I "cut my teeth" on BASIC and
        still consider it a possibly excellent language. I'd just
        like to see more documentation.
      • John
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2012
          I recently got "True Basic v1.1" from VetusWare copyright 1985. I was really impressed with it. This is quoting a "note to self" that i put in it's folder:

          "This is actually a very good version of BASIC for 1985!
          These guys were really brilliant.
          They've got a good editor/command line combination with a split screen."