chipmunk basic on various operating systems

  • richard.paul98
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2009
      Hi

      Are the various commands in chipmunk basic exactly the same on windows as on an apple mac?

      For instance: I program with mac os x.
      If I downloaded chipmunk basic for windows on a windows computer, would I be able to run the programs I have made?

      Thanks
    • Justin T Fanning
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        About the only thing I have come across in moving apps between OSX &
        Win XP is if you are reading / writing to disk. The path structure
        changes I.E.

        OSX: My/great/directory

        Win: my\great\directory

        For the most part, especially if your programs are simple, you should
        be fine.

        Hope this helps,

        Justin

        PS, I have a vague memory that if you get into complicated maths you
        may also see small differences in floating points rounding etc.
        Remember, you can always do a test in the code itself to find
        the underlying OS and call in the appropriate sub-routines if your
        worried.

        ---

        On 1 Jun 2009, at 06:03, richard.paul98 wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Are the various commands in chipmunk basic exactly the same on
        > windows as on an apple mac?
        >
        > For instance: I program with mac os x.
        > If I downloaded chipmunk basic for windows on a windows computer,
        > would I be able to run the programs I have made?
        >
        > Thanks

      • Richard Paul
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
          Ok, I seem to have a little problem with my sprites on windows xp