Re: Sending email from Chipmunk Basic

  • clasqm
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2008
      --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, "simon_phooto" <simon@...> wrote:

      > I've got a routine to read remote wireless sensors - like switches and
      > temperature etc. - http://www.tdc.co.uk/index.php?key=enocean_basic -
      > and would like to have the program email me a status periodically.
      >
      > I can sort of get emails to go using sys() and the mail command, but I
      > can't set the subject line, or the message body.

      I'm surprised you got that far - it normally requires setting up sendmail - abandon all hope,
      ye who enter there!

      Have you considered going to http://rudix.org/, installing rudix and using it to install mutt?
      it should be possible to configure mutt to send a file from the command line and once you
      can do that, you can do it from CB.

      The manpage for mutt is here:http://www.mutt.org/doc/man_page.html
    • clasqm
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2008
        --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, "simon_phooto" <simon@...> wrote:

        > I can sort of get emails to go using sys() and the mail command, but I
        > can't set the subject line, or the message body.
        >
        > Does anyone have any ideas please? - I guess I could use Applescript?
        > - but am a complete novice at Applescript, and don't know how to pass
        > arguments here either from Chipmunk Basic.

        Sorry, me again. At http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~benhdj/Mac/unix.html#smtpScript you will find
        a python-based solution. No time to try it out myself just now. Good luck.