Re: Posting in hope . . .

  • gripperusa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29 10:52 AM
      I guess this is pretty old message, but I did notice:

      vocabulary.word_type_1(1) = "meta

      there is no closing " on meta?

      I am sorry if I misunderstood your question, or the answer is
      of not use - Rick

      --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, "leonpaternoster"
      <zimmerstung@n...> wrote:
      > . . . as I see there have only been a handful of messages in the
      last
      > year . . .
      >
      > Anyway . . .
      >
      > I'm trying to set up an array that contains both string and integer
      > elements.
      >
      > I've created a TYPE and tried the DIM AS NEW command:
      >
      > type dictionary_entry : rem *** DICTIONARY TABLE ***
      > word as string
      > synonym_1 as string
      > synonym_2 as string
      > word_type_1 as string
      > word_type_2 as string
      > word_id as integer
      > end type
      >

      > dim vocabulary (500) as new dictionary_entry
      >
      > vocabulary.word(1) = "look"
      > vocabulary.synonym_1(1) = "l"
      > vocabulary.synonym_2(1) = "l"
      > vocabulary.word_type_1(1) = "meta
      > vocabulary.word_type_2(1) = "verb"
      > vocabulary.word_id(1) = 1
      >
      > When I run this program, I'm told there's a missing = in the
      > vocabulary.word(1) = "look" line. Am I going about this the right
      way?
    • hotpaw2
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 8:57 PM
        Chipmunk Basic likes simpler statements. Not sure, but try this:

        dim foo as new dictionary_entry
        foo.word = "meta"
        foo.word_id = 1
        vocabulary(1) = foo